Author Topic: Done with the NRA -- NRA wants to ban bumpfire stocks & other near f/a devices  (Read 13308 times)

Offline Vernonion

The first 10 amendments to the Constitution make up the Bill of Rights. Written by James Madison in response to calls from several states for greater constitutional protection for individual liberties, the Bill of Rights lists specific prohibitions on governmental power. (Quoted from The Bill of Rights Institute)
FOCUS!!!!!
The Government does not give us the right to defend ourselves. GOD did that at birth. That is why we have large brains and thumbs.
I am equal to any other. If he has a full auto I am equally justified in having the same. That is what the first constitutional congress enacted in the second amendment. ANY COMPROMISE IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL. If they want to change the Constitution they know the steps they need to take  to amend it.
The subterfuge and cowardice has us all confused.
Study, read, focus. The devil is loose, do not let your guard down!
If we had the communications capabilities in 1934 that we have today it may have been different... but who knows we had helmet laws shoved down our throats. Governments don't make good shepherds and I'm tired of being a sheep.

Moken

Until NFA is repealed or weakened that is the precedence and corner stone the left falls back on. That is a fact.

Offline Vernonion

Offline Voodoo

All those "NRA is bad" posts in various forums lately did to me was make me realize what is happening.
I'm now a lifetime member.

Offline gglass

This just in...

Former ATF Tech Chief Says that the Bump Stock Ban Will Lead to Other Bans!

Can anyone say slippery slope? http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/23/former-atf-gun-tech-chief-bump-stock-ban-will-lead-to-other-bans/
"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
(Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states).

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

And if we allow them to ban things without the legislative process the possibilities are endless and not just for firearms. Yikes this kind of thinking and action should never be allowed.

Offline FN in MT

The NRA/ILA is the ONLY pro gun Organization the Anti's/Liberals/Democrats TRULY fear.

Support is mandatory if we want to keep or 2nd Amendment Rights as well as fix inequities and expand our rights.

I'm hoping the plan to Bomb the NRA with donations, on March 24th, the day of the Anti's big March....REALLY raises some cash as well as pisses off the Anti's. We HAVE to support the NRA. They may not be perfect,  but they are our best ally.

I can care less about the silly bump stocks. A worthless item IMHO.

Offline flattusmaximus78

The last legislation that intended to ban bump stocks didn't even mention them, that should scare you, because that is what the next one will look like; all supported by Trump and the NRA.

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
I can care less about the silly bump stocks. A worthless item IMHO.

And THAT is when we start losing.

The NRA isn't going to get a dime from me.  This is their doing.

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
Well all the money in the world ain?t Savin the NRA.

Their hubris and untenable positions have finally done them in.

Good riddance to them.

Anyone who was a member in the 70?s and 80?s knows what they once truly stood for and also knows what a shill organization they are today.
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

Moken

And the division we are seeing among us is making the liberals giddy.

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
I remember.

All too well unfortunately.

I think right now, bump stocks and AWB's are part of the NRA's negotiations in order to get their pet legislation, reciprocal CCW passed.

That is my honest opinion about it.

NRA has lobbied for years to get reciprocal carry passed and at this time, there is serious talk about combining the bills, which would include that, fix nics, and probably some form of scary gun and regular capacity magazine bans.

Agreed.  I am all for full reciprocity.

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED

IMO, labeling discussion and healthy disagreement as divisive do all sides a disservice.

The NRA is in its current form is a largely disingenuous organization that seems only interested in a one sided victory. 

A very, very well esteemed lawyer colleague often said that the most successful negotiation/mediation was one in which both parties left the table a little unhappy, not getting everything they want. 

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

A very, very well esteemed lawyer colleague often said that the most successful negotiation/mediation was one in which both parties left the table a little unhappy, not getting everything they want.

That saying has been around for years and it is not reality.
We have given the anti gun crowd too much for too long and every time we go to the table WE lose something else.
Give them nothing more ever.period.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 07:17:14 AM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
That saying has been around for years and it is not reality.
We have given the anti gun crowd too much for too long and every time we go to the table WE lose something else.
Give them nothing more ever.period.

Agreed.

We have a Pro Gun House.  We have a Pro Gun Senate.  We have a President with an A+ rating from the NRA.  Why should we be giving up anything? 

Why is the NRA making Trump give up "Rate Increasing Devices?"  Why does an A+ rated President say that it's good he needs to fight the NRA?  Why does the NRA A+ rated President say that the left doesn't need to be afraid of the NRA?  Why does the President want to give the police the power to immediately take guns away from citizens without due process?

OPEN YOUR EYES.