Author Topic: Possible P-10 issue?  (Read 11264 times)

Offline Str8t-Shooter

Re: Possible P-10 issue?
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2017, 05:32:12 AM »
Has anyone tried the CZ Custom slide cover?  Wondering if the cover sliding problem would be eliminated with a billet cover. 

Offline earlan357

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 10:58:56 AM »
Has anyone tried the CZ Custom slide cover?  Wondering if the cover sliding problem would be eliminated with a billet cover.

I tried one.  It  fits just as loosely in my two slides.

https://youtu.be/hvrovDyZnGQ?t=49

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 05:22:44 PM »
An interesting observation was made on FB about the Omaha test - the gun they were shooting had been strpped down past recommended to put on their super expensive cerakote job, then reassembled by non CZ gunsmiths. Not saying they couldn't do it right, but the oddball camo job required some non factory manipulation of the sidearm that may have added to the problem.
Interestingly enough, the "camo" job doubled the price tag....

Offline dwhitehorne

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 05:46:06 PM »
As soon as I saw that the gun was not factory, I discounted what was said.  Not saying there may not be an issue but I've had pistols refinished that worked great before and no so much after.  Was the back plate coated. Did they spray in the groove that the back plated seats in.  Did any over spray get into the striker tunnel.  Is their cerakote guy factory certified.  All questions that may not matter but would not be a factor if the gun was tested stock. 

I wanted a FDE pistol and I haven't found one so my stripped frame is off being cerakoted right now.  😀 David. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:49:05 PM by dwhitehorne »

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 11:28:45 PM »
Video forthcoming.  8)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 11:58:27 PM »

Offline Joe L

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 06:35:40 AM »
My experience is consistent with ArmoredMan's.  I haven't had a single misfire or jam  problem with my P-10C at the range. 

I did have one problem last week after dry firing the pistol.  The CZ firing pin spring keepers came loose WHEN USING A Wolff GLOCK 4# SPRING.  The id of the Glock spring is greater than the CZ spring and the keepers separated in the firing pin channel.  I just received some Glock keepers that are the right diameter for the spring (but which may not match the firing pin or the channel dimensions perfectly)  but haven't gotten to live fire with the Glock keepers and spring combination yet.  Note--EarlAn357 hasn't seen this problem using a heavier Glock spring in his gun and he has many more rounds through his than I do. 

Joe 
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 02:43:21 PM »
Why are people putting Glock springs in their CZP-10C's? What's wrong with the stock spring?
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline Joe L

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 02:49:19 PM »
Why are people putting Glock springs in their CZP-10C's? What's wrong with the stock spring?

Trigger pull with the stock spring is a little high, that's all.  No different reason that changing to a lighter hammer spring on a 75B or P-09.  The Glock spring is very close to the same size and was available, so worth a try.  I put my 4 lb Glock spring back in last night with Glock spring keepers and I'm going to try that today.  I couldn't go back to the trigger pull using the factory spring.  4.5lb pull versus 6.  And I'm used to a 3-3.5.   

But I've used a ball point pen spring in a Kadet for a firing pin spring in a bullseye match, too. 

Joe

Offline dwhitehorne

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2017, 03:07:41 PM »
  The CZ firing pin spring keepers came loose WHEN USING A Wolff GLOCK 4# SPRING.  The id of the

Mine did the exact same thing. I put Glock retainers in also and haven't had a problem in the 600 or so rounds since changing.  David

Offline Joe L

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2017, 08:50:41 PM »
I shot mine today with the Glock 4# spring and new Glock spring keepers.  Shot fine, but this isn't enough rounds yet to confirm it is completely OK.  Next is an EarlAn357 polish job.  The trigger pull is pretty good with the Glock spring.  I couldn't hardly shoot the gun with the factory spring back in it for ONE range trip. 

I'm waiting for David's parts before I spend much more time with it.  It needs the polish job, a red dot sight, and some barrel fitting, before I will be able to shoot it as well as the P-07. 

Joe

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2017, 11:54:05 PM »
Quote from: Joe L
...But I've used a ball point pen spring in a Kadet for a firing pin spring in a bullseye match, too. 

The question on everyone's mind is - didja win, with a BiCZ?  ;D 8)

Offline Joe L

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2017, 06:02:22 AM »
Quote from: Joe L
...But I've used a ball point pen spring in a Kadet for a firing pin spring in a bullseye match, too. 

The question on everyone's mind is - didja win, with a BiCZ?  ;D 8)

Yep. 

Offline JPCPTx

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2017, 03:40:03 PM »
I had a random issue today.  I put around 200 rounds down Range  today.  Everything was going great.  I decided I?m going to rapid fire my last Mag before I pack up to leave.  I got about 6 rounds in. 7th round didn?t go off.  So I eject it and there was no strike on the primer.  I dry fire it a few times and the trigger is feeling really heavy hard to pull.  I put the Mag back in rack a round and it goes back to normal.   I put 2 more mags through it without issue.   No idea what happened.  Maybe it failed to go back into battery on that 7th round?   I?m home now and pulled it apart.  I don?t see anything out of the ordinary.  I?m not to worried about it since I will hardly ever Rapid fire it unless I?m messing around. 

JP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline AzWizzard

« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2017, 07:51:43 PM »
My new P10c had this Striker problem happen 5 times out of 200 rounds.  Racking the slide hard multiple times would not correct the problem at all. My P10c is currently sitting at CZ, hopefully getting fixed...  :(

anything