Author Topic: Warranty repair has turned to replacement  (Read 602 times)

Offline tsl34

• CZ Sporter and CZ Super Scroll Combo
Warranty repair has turned to replacement
« on: October 16, 2017, 05:32:57 PM »
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this. For my birthday this past month my wife bought me the Super Scroll Combo (now my 3rd CZ shotgun). I had wanted this gun for a few years and she really shocked me with this purchase. First time out of the box the bottom barrel failed to fire. I tried several different brands of ammo and it was a constant. CZ was great in getting the gun in for repair ASAP. It has been almost 4 weeks now and I got an email saying that they found the gun needs replaced. As the email stated it could be 4-6 weeks and hunting season is upon us I decided to call and get clarification. They stated that it's basically an unknown as to when they get a new one out. It can be quick if they have one in stock or "take some time" if they have to track one down.

Has anyone else had a gun need to be replaced and have any insight as to a timeline? I'm still pretty upset that this gun wouldn't fire in the first place, and now hoping turnaround time isn't too long.

Offline John A.

Re: Warranty repair has turned to replacement
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 06:31:29 PM »
It is highly unusual for a company to replace a gun entirely, short of a catastrophic failure from materials and workmanship, which too is unusual in this day and age.

But, I'd rather miss hunting with it this season and be certain that I get a gun that is safe.  And works as it's supposed to.

As you have mentioned, you have a couple other guns so it's not like you're going to missing out on anything.

While I sympathize with you and yes it is unfortunate, at least cz is doing the right thing.
When people ignorant of guns make gun laws, you end up with ignorant gun laws.

Offline tsl34

• CZ Sporter and CZ Super Scroll Combo
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 07:27:27 PM »
Yes i did know it was unlikely, which is why I called to verify and they are replacing it with a new gun. And yes I do have other guns so I can still hunt. Yes they are doing the right thing. I was merely asking if anyone else had experienced this and what the timeline was.

Offline sa227

Warranty repair has turned to replacement
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 12:24:12 AM »
The CZ Teal  bought my son for Christmas last year arrived with a slightly twisted front sight. I still haven’t done anything about it though. I was told to expect about 6wks turn around from a dealer friend of mine.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:25:44 AM by sa227 »

Offline jkon

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 09:40:19 AM »
I bought a Canvasback a few years back.  There were some flaws in the finish.  The replaced it with a new canvasback gold which was new that year.  process took about a month.  CZ's customer service is great.

anything