Author Topic: Looking for an AIWB compact sized CZ but can't find clarity on the choices.  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Mattiooo

Background: I already carry a striker fired Walther PPQ Q4 TAC in AIWB.  I then saw a video from Military Arms Channel about how he carries a P-01 and the reasoning for it.  He said he chose a hammered DA/SA because the biggest danger to AIWB is when we holster and un-holster.   The danger in holstering was something inside the holster that is pressing on the trigger.  With hammered gun, if there is anything inside the holder that is pressing on the trigger, you will feel the hammer moving when you re-holster (if your thumb is on the hammer when doing so - that is where my thumb goes when I re-holster now on the PPQ).  This really resonated with me and so I want to do so.  I also want to put my RMR on it eventually, and I do want night sights.  I also want to keep my TLR-1 on it if I can, but that is not a deal breaker.

So the options I'm looking at:

P-07
P-07 Suppressor
P-01
P-01 Suppressor
PCR
75 Compact

NOTES:
1) I realize that the Suppressor models already come with night sights and the others I will need to add them, but I like the TRUGLO TFX Pro sights I have on my PPQ and I will put those on whatever I buy.
2) My only purpose for this handgun will be EDC, and for that reason, I plan not to add any aftermarket internals.
3) The holster I plan to use (Tier One) only makes it for the P-01 and P-07 models but if there is a really good reason to choose one of the other options, I will still consider them.

I get lots of opinions of which model people think I should buy, but nobody says WHY over the other models.  That's the most important thing for helping me make the decision.  So please include why you recommend that one over the other options.

I thank you in advance for your advice and opinions.

Offline Earl Keese

If you plan to mill for an RMR, the P-07 is a natural choice. I prefer the trigger and ergos of the P-01, but the 07 carries better in my opinion. Also, the narrow slide of the 01 doesn't work as well with an RMR. You can buy an adapter for a 1911 that will work with some additional milling, but that adds another $200 over what it already costs to mill for an mrds.

Offline KME

It sounds like the P-07 is the ideal choice for you. DA/SA, rail, Omega trigger, and just about the same weight as the P-01 and D PCR. The convertible decocker/safety system does not seem as important to you.

I own the P-01 and D PCR, both with the Cajun Gun Works Pro Package and 10X barrel bushing. The P-01 has TRUGLO TFX Pro sights and the D PCR has a Dawson FO front with blacked out rear sight. I think both pistols are great but the D PCR is my all around favorite handgun. For me, the ergos and aesthetics on the PCR are perfect.

If I did not have the CGW Pro pack I would definitely consider the Omega trigger as an upgrade over the standard trigger.

Offline fisher20

Really comes down to personal preference about Plastic vs metal.
I think P07 may take an RMR a little easier
I have a PCR which is the 75D Compact. It does not have a rail so you can count that one out.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

"I started off with nothing and I still have most of it"

anything