Author Topic: P-01 Omega Safety Concern?  (Read 71219 times)

Offline thedude

Re: P-01 Omega Safety Concern?
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 06:23:47 PM »

Seems like a very definitive statement. Did your P-01 Omega not reproduce this issue?

I think David has some experience with the Omega system.  ;)

supergunner84

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 06:31:48 PM »
That's a mole hill, not a mountain.  The problem is the ejector on that particular P-01 is out of spec and should be replaced.

Seems like a very definitive statement. Did your P-01 Omega not reproduce this issue?

David is the man and I trust his opinion.  Have a good number of his parts running in my SP-01.  That being said, I hope its just a bad batch of ejectors.  Thanks everyone, if you guys/gals have new production P-01 omegas, I would love to hear if you are having the same issues.

Schmeky, do all omegas use the same ejector or is there a difference between the P-01 and the P-07/09's?

Offline GypsyDanger

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 06:47:53 PM »
That's a mole hill, not a mountain.  The problem is the ejector on that particular P-01 is out of spec and should be replaced.

David is the man and I trust his opinion.  Have a good number of his parts running in my SP-01.  That being said, I hope its just a bad batch of ejectors.  Thanks everyone, if you guys/gals have new production P-01 omegas, I would love to hear if you are having the same issues.

Schmeky, do all omegas use the same ejector or is there a difference between the P-01 and the P-07/09's?

If he's in this business then it seems like his opinions are GTG. Thanks for the reassurance.

Offline GypsyDanger

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 06:50:17 PM »

I think David has some experience with the Omega system.  ;)

Ah! So he's Mr. CGW! Apologies David, didn't put two and two together. Thanks for the input and the wisdom.

Offline schmeky

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2017, 07:56:08 PM »
No harm, my 6th grade education simply won't allow me to count the number of mistakes I have made through the years.

As far as I know, the ejectors are the same in all Omega's. 

Offline del4c

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2017, 01:32:42 AM »
did the test and got the same results , the decocker popped up and out

seems suspicious that its a bad ejector, I don`t see what could be out of wack- seems we would have other issues as well.

Set up a double feed scenario and all is well , just wanted to make sure no other issues-

supergunner84

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2017, 11:32:28 AM »
did the test and got the same results , the decocker popped up and out

seems suspicious that its a bad ejector, I don`t see what could be out of wack- seems we would have other issues as well.

Set up a double feed scenario and all is well , just wanted to make sure no other issues-

Something is astray for sure.  I contacted CZ and they want to take a look at it, sending it tonight.  I'll keep everyone in the loop of what comes of it.

supergunner84

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2017, 05:30:49 PM »
FWIW, I attempted to swap out the decocker for the safety to see if the same thing happens, however I can't get the safety to assemble. It would become a press fit into the left side of the frame.  It's heading back to CZ now, more to come.

Offline del4c

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2017, 05:55:08 PM »
You know why should you have to send your gun back right away.  The first thing that CZ should do
(assume CZ  has  a gun they can pull from their inventory or sample) and  perform a test first!

Maybe they would`nt want to do this and admit that this is an issue- who knows 

supergunner84

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2017, 05:59:29 PM »
You know why should you have to send your gun back right away.  The first thing that CZ should do
(assume CZ  has  a gun they can pull from their inventory or sample) and  perform a test first!

Maybe they would`nt want to do this and admit that this is an issue- who knows

I could hold off, but I'll let them use mine as the test subject.  Either way I'll be verifying everything they do when it gets back. CZ makes great stuff, I'm sure they will get to the bottom of it.

Cheers

supergunner84

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2017, 10:03:18 PM »
Quick update for everyone: I sent it in to cz and they have had it for 10 days. The message from them stated it could be 4 to 6 weeks (typical time) from when they receive the firearm. When they get it back to me I'll make sure to post here what they did as well as make a YouTube follow up. 

CZ customer service has been very easy to work with this far.

Cheers,
SG84

Offline rkubatk21

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2017, 02:59:26 PM »
Second time its happened to me https://imgur.com/rCCvznq

supergunner84

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2017, 03:04:39 PM »

How many rounds through yours? Is it s new (2017) build?

supergunner84

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2017, 11:05:28 AM »
I stumbled upon this P-01 Omega review and the reviewer had the same issue happen to him... Food for thought. http://www.guns.com/review/gun-review-cz-75-p01-omega-semi-automatic-handgun-in-9mm/

Offline rkubatk21

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2017, 11:49:22 AM »

How many rounds through yours? Is it s new (2017) build?

This happened around 1000 rounds and yes 2017.

anything