Author Topic: P-01 Omega Safety Concern?  (Read 70746 times)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: P-01 Omega Safety Concern?
« Reply #270 on: April 13, 2018, 04:35:39 AM »
Just confirming no issues with (mine anyway) 2018 made P01 Omegas.

When I picked it up I saw it was this years model.  It had the decocker levers installed from the factory.  No outward movement/loss of the decocker when pushed from the right side.  In fact, I had to use the tip of the plastic cleaning rod to get the left side lever moving out of the frame so I could finish pulling it out when I installed the safeties.  It was pretty tight (don't know if that was in the frame/spring or the right side decocker).

I did run into and issue with the left side safety install.  I tried several times to get it to correctly install (fully insert) and had no luck.  I was still trying to figure out why it wouldn't go in all the way when it hit me I had the 2016 Urban Gray P01 in the basket by my recliner.  I grabbed it, unloaded it, pulled the left side safety out and it snapped right into place in the 2018 pistol.  I then grabbed the 2018 left side safety lever and it snapped into place in the 2016 P01.

There's a reason why things just don't fit well sometimes and in just 0.00X of an inch so it's pretty tough to see - but it let's you know it exists.  Nope, I didn't pull things apart again and begin measuring.  I just loaded the 2016 pistol up, put it back in the basket and took the 2018 pistol to the table to clean/lube it before putting it back together for some dry fire practice/break in before it's first range session.  Man, I really like the say that thing feels in my hand.  Hard to believe those little grooves in the front/rear of the frame/grip would make that much difference over my Compacts.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Mhodg78321

« Reply #271 on: June 07, 2018, 08:47:44 PM »
Fairly new to this forum and saw this discussion. I recently bought a P01 Omega that?s surpressor ready.  Is these problems with the Omega happening with most of these gun made in 2017 or does it seem to be just a few?  I have only been able to put about 200 rounds through mine so far and it worked fine for those.
The reason I ask is because I purchased the Omega kit (item 75700) from CGW and was going to have a local gun shop install everything to try and improve the trigger some. But now I am concerned about the gun and don?t want to do anything that might void the CZ warranty.

Just wondering if I should leave the gun alone and put more rounds through it and see what happens before modifying it?  Or does anyone know if the CGW Omega kit helps improve or fix these issues people have been having?

I thank you all in advance for your assistance.

Mike

supergunner84

« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2018, 05:26:19 AM »
Watch the video and see if yours replicates the failure mode, it can be manually actuated. As far as the cgw 75700, nothing that is in the decocker mechanism is being replaced, so the kit will not change anything in regards to the walking decocker.

Cheers,
SG

Offline Mhodg78321

« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2018, 08:00:45 PM »
I thank you for your reply SuperGunner that video is helpful. So far mine seems too work ok. Just not sure now if I should go ahead and install the CGW kit now Or wait for a little while and see if my gun develops this problem. Don?t want to void the warranty but I would like to improve on the trigger. Oh what to do....

Thank you again.

Offline BrenToo

« Reply #274 on: July 24, 2018, 11:53:06 AM »
I really hope CZ can finally fix this issue or CGW comes up with a good final solution.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #275 on: July 24, 2018, 12:15:46 PM »
The thread that will not die. Locked.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

anything