Author Topic: What is the best 9mm pistol full size and compact?  (Read 7069 times)

Offline painter

Re: What is the best 9mm pistol full size and compact?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 07:22:44 PM »
I think people are conflating the question of 'the best' with 'my favorite'. Two different things, although the results might be similar.
Can't disagree...but...

without scientific testing, all we have is our own personal perspective of 'Best'.

I'd suggest your entries are based on just that, unless you're SAAMI, CIP, or UL. ;D
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 07:36:31 PM »
I think people are conflating the question of 'the best' with 'my favorite'. Two different things, although the results might be similar.
Can't disagree...but...

without scientific testing, all we have is our own personal perspective of 'Best'.

I'd suggest your entries are based on just that, unless you're SAAMI, CIP, or UL. ;D

Unless someone can present a pistol that never fails in any way then the idea of "BEST" doesn't exist and we are back to OPINIONS.

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 07:55:53 PM »

Well, my only single CZ to this point - has me looking way better at shooting than any of my other handguns.  It appears to me to be the best all around DA/SA full sized carry gun in my possession.  The recoil management is superb. I can only compare it to guns I own, or have shot to this point. I cannot wait to find one that shoots better than this one!  Before I got this CZ - I would have said my Sig 226.  I slow fire my Springfield 5.25 best at distances when compared with the others, but I wouldn't carry it daily.

I have a few compact and sub-compact guns, but didn't mention them because they probably aren't the best.... Just the best I have at this point.  Not even sure any of them would rate a "favorite."

But yes, the question is way to wide open for interpretation....so I qualified my choice.

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • Fascinating
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 07:57:46 PM »
Can't disagree...but...

Unless someone can present a pistol that never fails in any way then the idea of "BEST" doesn't exist and we are back to OPINIONS.

Never said it wasn't subjective - opinion based - just not the same as 'a favorite pistol'.

I have a favorite pistol, but I would not say it is the 'best'.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline bull

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2017, 11:15:21 PM »
What ever i am ccw'in at the time the !@## hits....if it goes bang its good...its like when i am clearing out a building at 0330 hours and my flashlight dies...lil backup surefire sure is nice to have on me as a back up...i am a bring what you got guy...only guys we will ever toss out are jeep owners cause  at the range you gotta show up in a scout.. :)...seriously who would ever buy a heep...boogels my mind
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 11:20:42 PM by bull »

Online DWARREN

• Grumpy Old Guy
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2017, 01:03:21 AM »
As for mine I like the CZ P-09 and Witness P and in compact the CZ P-07 and CZ75B compact.
These pistol fit me well and I am accurate with them and have had no problems.
SHUT UP AND RELOAD!

Offline Ron M.

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2017, 10:12:53 AM »
When I saw this question, my first thought was: there's a hole with no bottom.

I'll jump in feet first anyway.  For me, the best full size 9mm is a Beretta M9A1G with factory night sights and a Streamlight TLR-1s installed. This pistol was an over run from a special order placed by a police department. Compact, for me, is a CZ PCR with the CGW Defensive carry package installed by CGW.

All that being said my without a doubt favorite 9mm pistol is my Dan Wesson V-Bob, not a terribly practical carry piece but accurate, fun to shoot, and looks good too.

Offline vaglocker

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2017, 01:28:27 PM »
Glock 17 full size
CZ p01 or Glock 19 compact
SW Shield sub-compact

Offline 30-30

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 02:56:55 AM »
After 21 years of shooting and carrying nothing but Glocks I walked away this year and discovered the DA/SA safety and advantage of the CZ P-07 and CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom.  I still have one striker-fired auto the SIG P320 in 9mm--I can convert this single weapon into the Compact Carry (17-rnd mag) or the Compact (15-rnd mag).  But my choice is anything in DA/SA CZ...  8)
WENT BACK TO GLOCK

Offline mariachi

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 03:52:02 AM »
full size: CZ 75 SP 01 Shadow, CZ Custom
compact: P 01 Cajun Gun Works Pro Package, 10X bushing, 11° Target Crown

thank you for asking

Offline jrice

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 09:11:10 AM »
My favorite all around pistol is a CZ75B Omega.

Offline dshoub

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 03:06:52 PM »
As the subject line says what is the best 9mm pistol in full size and compact?
Why?

This question has no single answer. The best full size 9mm depends on the intended application, as well as the individual using it. the Glock 17 is an incredibly reliable and accurate firearm, however I'd never buy one because it doesn't fit my hand well. The CZ 75BD is an amazing gun, but it's heavy, and if someone isn't used to DA/SA hammer fired guns, it could be an issue. The same goes for the various compact 9mm's. There is no "best" 9mm.

That being said, there *are* 9mm's that are probably best avoided due to reliability issues. But I won't get into badmouthing any particular manufacturers/models here as it isn't productive.

Offline Independent George

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2017, 09:11:50 AM »
I'm going to join everybody saying that 'best' is incredibly subjective.

For example, the PPQ is universally regarded as an outstanding pistol, but I am the outlier that finds the grip rather uncomfortable. The way the backstrap is shaped, the gun recoils right into the first joint on my thumb, and leaves me bruised after a while.

Despite obviously being a CZ fan, I sold my RAMI because it just didn't feel quite right in my hand or while carrying.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical; CZ-75 D PCR; CZ-83 Satin Nickel; CZ 2075 RAMI BD; Kadet 2

Offline BlackJack10

• ShootSharp
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2017, 01:18:22 PM »
I've bought and sold, carried and shot a lot of CZs over the years starting with my first 75B.  Experience has been with the CZ-75, the CZ-75B, the CZ-75D PCR, the CZ-75 Compact, the CZ-85, the CZ-83, the P07, the P09, not to mention several CZ rifles and shotguns.  I guess I'm kind of a fan boy except that I tend not to hang on to any gun very long.

As an Army officer, I've twice been asked to commission new officers and in both cases, the presentation pistol I gave was a CZ-75B.  These days my favorite pistol is the CZ-75 Compact.  The one I shoot well and don't find too onerous to carry.  I guess that makes the 75B and the 75 Compact the best ones for me.

Offline steerclr

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2017, 09:47:35 AM »
Full sized comment:

For hammer fired SA/DA it hard to beat the CZ75 series although they did it with the CZ85 combat model.

For the striker fired types best I've tried yet is a Walther PPQ
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:51:57 AM by steerclr »

anything