Author Topic: What is the best 9mm pistol full size and compact?  (Read 7010 times)

Offline RustyM92

• They call me Fife... BARNEY Fife.
Re: What is the best 9mm pistol full size and compact?
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2018, 01:08:18 AM »
I'm a little surprised to see so many G19 votes and not more for the P10C... Especially on a CZ forum. :)

I'm in agreement with s0nspark. I like it more than the G19, it's just too new for me to completely trust it. Once the kinks are worked out, I think it'll be a fine firearm. It'll take a few production runs before that happens though.
Historical and modern Czech arms enthusiast and unrepentant CZ addict

Offline rhart

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2018, 02:07:06 AM »
For range target shooting: SIG P210, Compact CZ SP01 Compact
For range fun shooting: CZ Shadow 1 or 2, CZ SP01 Compact or Semi-Compact
For IPSC competition: CZ Shadow 2, Compact CZ SP01 Compact
For concealed carry: Ed Brown 1911, CZ SP01 Compact or Sphinx Subcompact
For open carry: CZ Shadow 2, CZ SP01 Compact

I don't hardly shoot my G-19 or Sigs anymore because I like CZs better. When they limit how many pistols I can possess, I will dump my Sigs and the Glock in favor of keeping CZs.
Musashi:
- In all forms of strategy, it is necessary to maintain the combat stance in everyday life and to make your everyday stance your combat stance. (situational awareness).
- You can only fight the way you practice.
- If you do not control the enemy, the enemy will control you.

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2018, 07:57:30 AM »
I'm a little surprised to see so many G19 votes and not more for the P10C... Especially on a CZ forum. :)

I'm in agreement with s0nspark. I like it more than the G19, it's just too new for me to completely trust it. Once the kinks are worked out, I think it'll be a fine firearm. It'll take a few production runs before that happens though.

Yep. Mine is a range/teaching gun... I'm personally still not to the point of trusting it for self-defense. My P-07s handle that role perfectly, however, so I'm not really even expecting that of the P-10C. It may rise to the level where I'd feel comfortable recommending it to someone else for that role, though. So far I have been pretty impressed, first gen teething issues notwithstanding.
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline RustyM92

• They call me Fife... BARNEY Fife.
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2018, 09:42:20 PM »
Yep. Mine is a range/teaching gun... I'm personally still not to the point of trusting it for self-defense. My P-07s handle that role perfectly, however, so I'm not really even expecting that of the P-10C. It may rise to the level where I'd feel comfortable recommending it to someone else for that role, though. So far I have been pretty impressed, first gen teething issues notwithstanding.
Same here. For all the teething issues that Glocks had at first (and arguably still have *cough*), they became the most popular pistol in America. I don't think the P-10C will reach that level, but I see it as a formidable alternative. It fixes everything that I don't like about Glocks.
Striker-fired guns just don't do anything for me though. I prefer a hammer.
Historical and modern Czech arms enthusiast and unrepentant CZ addict

Offline kma!

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2018, 12:59:30 PM »
Compact? A SIG P239, especially if you (unfortunately) live in a state with magazine capacity limitations.
FYI... P10C is available in 10rd capacity.

Offline kma!

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2018, 04:59:22 PM »
Compact? A SIG P239, especially if you (unfortunately) live in a state with magazine capacity limitations.
FYI... P10C is available in 10rd capacity.

And it isn't approved for sale in California, a state with magazine capacity limitations.
Yeah NY has similar limits. Luckily I was able to get one here.

Offline Lance Boyle

« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2018, 07:42:36 AM »
No such thing as the "BEST". They all have their quirks and they will all fail at some point. The best one is the one that fits YOU and YOU operate the best. Otherwise it's just competing opinions.

I am going to jump in this camp I think. 

A lot will depend on ergonomic fit to the user and as far as compacts, how compact it is and does it fit the size/concealibility need and still be shootable.

My P07 is a nice size compact.  I shoot it pretty good.  My MK40 Kahr is smaller, very accurate, more concealable but is a handful to shoot in that size.   (The 9mm would have been a better choice but I still shoot the thing very well due to the sweet trigger).

The CZ beats the Glocks hands down in ergonomics but both the P07 and the G22 have a bit of trigger reach issues. 

Full size 9mm that fits me best; the Browning BDM, the disco’d high power sized DA with the slides made by SIG.  (breach blocks welded into steel sheet metal slides). 

I don’t carry the BDM much and my concern is there is no factory support likely to be found with them.

Offline SkudShark

« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2018, 01:25:08 PM »
My current two:

Full size- M9A3 (I know it's bulky compared to my M&P 9, but it's just so smoooooth)
Compact- Does subcompact count? I use a M&P shield for EDC.