CZ PISTOL CLUBS > CZ SP-01 and variants

My review of the CZ Shadow Orange (Aussie model).

(1/3) > >>

Rmach:
I picked up a new August 2017 built CZ Shadow Orange from my FFL on Tuesday. I took it to the range on Thursday and ran a total of 350rds, including Speer Lawman, Freedom Munitions, Winchester white box and American eagle. Every round fired without a hitch. Usually, when I fire that many rounds, I'm pretty much petered out (I'm an old guy), but I could have fired another 100-200rds if I brought more ammo. This is one sweet shooter.

The factory hand fitting of the barrel and slide to frame fit is very precise and noticeably snug. There's maybe .002-.003 clearance with the slide to frame fit laterally and about .010 vertically, perfect barrel lockup and .002-.003 barrel bushing clearance according to my caliper. The trigger has some grittiness in the take up, but a very clean and crisp break with zero creep.  Single action pull is maybe 2-3 lbs at most. I didn't try any of the other extra recoil or main springs that came with it. The trigger reset is very audible and about an 1/8".

Finally, the thin aggressive orange aluminum grips look great and are effective, but I happen to prefer the CZ factory rubber grips for my hand size.  Overall, I'm tempted to pick up another one at these current prices since this is a limited overrun available in the US.  None of the other Shadow models, other than the Accu Custom, offer this old world hand fitting.

beanz2:
Very nice!  Does yours come with the 10 round magazines, or did you get extra 18 rounders with it? 

Mine was bought last week, but Bud's still hasn't shipped it yet. 

Wish CZC would make matching 10 round magazine baseplates in orange!

Rmach:

--- Quote from: beanz2 on October 29, 2017, 02:47:08 AM ---Very nice!  Does yours come with the 10 round magazines, or did you get extra 18 rounders with it? 

Mine was bought last week, but Bud's still hasn't shipped it yet. 

Wish CZC would make matching 10 round magazine baseplates in orange!

--- End quote ---

Thanks, it comes with three 10rd mags, but I have extra 18rd and 19rd magazines. Last week, Buds had a great price on these at $1194 and $1170 using the price match feature, but this week they have it at $1219.  If it gets back down to the last week price, I will buy another one as a safe queen. A couple of sources said that only 100 of these models were made available here in the US.

I like the looks of the Orange without the orange base pads. A little too much bling with them IMO.

huskerlrrp:
Where is a good place to find these (other than Buds)? Oak Hill wants $1480 for these puppies.

Rmach:
Actually $1219 at Buds right now is pretty good. Kentucky Gun also has some at $1219 I believe. There are several listed on Gunbroker at higher prices than the other two mentioned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version