Author Topic: Any Cons of the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 Pistol?  (Read 4014 times)

Offline Robert Louis

Any Cons of the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 Pistol?
« on: November 08, 2017, 05:24:51 PM »
Any negatives that anyone would like to share of the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 pistol?  It is still on my short list of purchases. 8)
Democracy is 2 Wolves and a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb.

Offline Robert Louis

Re: Any Cons of the CZ Scorpion EVO 3 Pistol?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 07:04:04 PM »
Is the EVO stil worth owning?

Offline Obiwan

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 10:16:30 PM »
Out of all my CZ firearms, the Evo is the most fun.

Offline Montesf1030

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 11:42:42 PM »
Great shooter and lots of fun ... I have both the carbine and pistol models ... I preferred the pistol model with a SB Tactical Brace ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Robert Louis

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 07:32:55 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  Have you considered the Shockwave Blade with the folding buffer tube (aftermarket folding tube) vs. the SB Tactical? 

http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?page_id=2615

8)

Offline Robert Louis

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 08:55:30 AM »
Nice milling work John A.  and it folds on the left side.  Nice job. 8)

Offline williamc

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 02:56:45 PM »
They're good guns out of the box, excellent guns with a little tinkering.  They're the 10/22 of the PCC/PCP world.

Biggest issue is that I've had to buy a hell of a lot more 9mm.  Most fun gun I own.

William
CZ Scorpion Evo3 S1 Pistol
http://www.instagram.com/wcpewpew/

Offline rss

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 11:37:46 PM »
Totally worth it. Great to have a platform different from the AR-15. Very reliable. Pistol brace options make the carbine option...optional. Works great with suppressors. Plenty of upgrade options and after market support that make tangible improvements, not just cooler looks. Trigger is gross but it is fun making improvements and some for very cheap. With a red dot it is spectacular. Get it. It?s fairly cheap, reliable, and if you really dislike it there is a great used buyers market for reasonable prices.

The ammo comments are no joke either. I? recommend ordering reloaded or new bulk ammo and a shot timer for drills to try and just shoot a couple rounds at a time. Should be able to find 1,000 rounds of 9mm between $185.00 and $230.00 shipped. For practice, of course; not protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Odiedog

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 08:38:38 PM »
I concur.  One of the most fun to shoot guns I own.  Did the simple trigger mods, changed out the safeties, added a SB Brace and an RMR red dot.  Osprey can on the front and my 650 press is running constantly :-)  IR laser is next on the list for use with NV.

I looked at the alternatives (MPX, Zenith) and I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything (both are nice guns though)

Offline TonyB

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 11:46:17 PM »
I put a micro red-dot on it which co-wittness's nicely, used the CZ right side Saftey Delete, and SBR'd it with the CZ 922r kit ... Put a TROS QD adapter on it, then after about a year I put a carbine handguard on it to protect the suppressor.

I did put the Manticore switch-back extended charge handle on the left side, its just what I've been waiting for it's not spring-loaded. It's supposed to close with the inertia but annoying because about 1/2 the time it doesn't swing back to the closed position. Maybe it just needs a little weight on the handle. I moved the small factory one to the right side but I might switch them so I only use the switchback on an initial charge and have the small one to slap on mag changes ... I need to switch to them, run a few drills and see if that works any better for me.

I've tried a Magpul AK folding stock, but the adapter made it long enough I didn't need to extended it at all, in fact it was a bit long ... I liked the stock in the CZ 922r kit much better when I finally got one.   

I'm not sure why these spring kits, extended mag releases, different angle grips are needed, but each to their own ... I've tried a few different mods but have found the way CZ designed it for the military works pretty well.

anything