Author Topic: Cz 75D PCR trigger pin too loose?  (Read 2117 times)

Offline shadowneal

Cz 75D PCR trigger pin too loose?
« on: November 11, 2017, 06:26:22 PM »
My Cz75D PCR had about 500rds on it, I recently found out the trigger pin is very loose, it would come out 2 - 3 mm on the left after everyone 20 - 30 times of trigger pull. I am afeared of the pin would come out completely during firing if I forgot to push it back.

is this normal?  any way to prevent from happening?

thanks for the help!

Offline ernie_h

Re: Cz 75D PCR trigger pin too loose?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 06:59:30 PM »
If you're referring to the pin that goes through the frame.....happens sometimes, especially if someone has worked on the firearm previously. It's a staked pin (or should be), which makes it stay put. Just replace it with the CGW floating trigger pin (link below). Plenty of videos on how to do it if you're not certain (I'd look at them anyways). Upside is you don't have to bang out a staked pin ;)

https://cajungunworks.com/product/tr-pin-cgws-exclusive-floating-trigger-pin/

Offline shadowneal

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 08:37:57 PM »
Yes, its the pin that goes through the frame, do you know what cause the pin to be loose?  and this is a new gun that only had 500 rds on it, it is not even been detail strip before.

change the pin is the only way to resolve this? 

thanks for the reply.

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 08:23:57 AM »
I've never had it happen on a new CZ before, but I'm guessing other have on occasion. I guess you could try re-staking (just make sure you have the right tools so as not to nick the frame), though I'd just as soon use the CGW pin and be done with it. Until then, keep shooting and just check the pin when you change mags.

Note: of course you could send it back to CZ to fix, but you'll lose it for 4-6 weeks (at least) for a job that will take a few minutes if you do it yourself and you're careful.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:27:09 AM by ernie_h »

The Guardian

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 11:17:01 AM »
Get the floating trigger pin, they are much better than the factory pin  ;)

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 11:40:32 AM »
if it's new I'd contact CZ-USA and let them fix it but as long as both ends of the pin are "mushroomed" over it can't come completely out of the frame.
Like has been mentioned you could get a CGW floating pin but beware that pin will also move some side to side but it will not come out either.

Offline shadowneal

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 12:21:51 PM »
No the pin has no "mushroomed" on both sides, but it can only come out on the left.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 02:03:00 PM »
So then it needs to be staked over on one side or replaced with an aftermarket pin. You just need to decide if you want to fix it yourself or call CZ and let them fix it under warranty.

Offline Vernonion

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 03:01:57 PM »
I can highly recommend the CGW floating trigger pin. I changed my trigger and the stock pin was staked in and difficult to remove. I installed the CGW pin with the new trigger then later I installed a reduced power trigger return spring. It was a breeze the second time around. If you use the stock pin like a slave and use the CGW pin to push it all the way through you should not have to take anything apart. The alternative of staking the factory pin is harder and potentially damaging and then if you ever break a trigger return spring you will have to replace it anyway.
As stated, you can always send it back to CZ but then you still have to contend with a staked pin down the road.

Offline shadowneal

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 05:11:18 PM »
So just buy the Floating Trigger Pin then replace it and no tool required?  sounds good.

thanks very much.

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 10:41:03 PM »
So just buy the Floating Trigger Pin then replace it and no tool required?  sounds good.

thanks very much.

Check through some of the videos;
Though you may not end up needing it, you might want to gat a 2mm punch like this:
https://czcustom.com/products/cz-gunsmith-tools/cz-extractor-hammer-trigger-pin-punch.html
....or similar. Since the pin is no longer staked, you should not need a starter punch.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:54:35 AM by ernie_h »

Offline shadowneal

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 11:38:50 AM »
I bought one of SP Starter Punch from Canjun since it says "the only tool you need to work on your CZ" with the floating pin that everyone recommended.
would that be a good tool for the job?

and because I have no experience working on the gun so I was trying to find some video on Youtube on how to work this on the PCR but didn't find any but only full-size CZ75's. do you have any video link that can help me through?

thanks for your reply.

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 08:32:50 PM »
Another "amen" for the cgw floating pin. My pin too walked out. It was heavily mushroomed on one side and not at all on the other. Replaced it with the floating pin. Use your existing walking pin as a slave and the cgw pin goes right in. 150 rounds later and it stays put nicely. Highly recomend!

anything