Author Topic: P07 missing pins?  (Read 1622 times)

Offline Jallick

P07 missing pins?
« on: November 12, 2017, 12:23:39 PM »
I recently bought my first cz, the p07 gen 2. I know it's a newer produced version because it shipped with p10c mags with the orange followers. I'm not sure if cz has changed the build in newer released p07's, or if I'm missing roll pins from my frame. The hole in the top of the grip is empty as well as the hole diagonally in front of the trigger. Ive seen on google images and youtube reviews where other gen 2 have roll pins. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Offline Jallick

Re: P07 missing pins?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 12:58:30 PM »
I recently bought my first cz, the p07 gen 2. I know it's a newer produced version because it shipped with p10c mags with the orange followers. I'm not sure if cz has changed the build in newer released p07's, or if I'm missing roll pins from my frame. The hole in the top of the grip is empty as well as the hole diagonally in front of the trigger. Ive seen on google images and youtube reviews where other gen 2 have roll pins. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
The first is mine, the other is off Google images

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline thedude

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 01:04:09 PM »
yeah, there should be roll pins there.  Might want to call CZ if they're missing.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 11:05:35 PM »
Your pic looks like the trigger pin is missing also.
    How about a pic holding it up to the light? Ya, not good if they aren?t there.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 04:58:51 AM »
Try sticking a small pin in there to make sure they are missing instead of being short.
"1776" - Part II

Offline Jallick

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 05:09:04 AM »
Thank you to everyone for your help. I do have the trigger pin, but the two circled are definently missing. I emailed cz usa warranty and general hoping to get a quick response.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 05:41:47 AM »
They are standard size metric roll pins, from what I rememember.  I think one moved a little on one of my 3 P series pistols so I put a new one in with a little blue loctite on the ends and its been fine efer since.  My local Ace hardware store had them.  Check with a flashlight first and make sure the steel frame insert holes are lined up in the frame correctly, then tap a new pin in each hole.
Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 06:43:20 AM »
Are those the pins/holes that secure the steel rail sections into the frame?

If so, I wonder how it held together for the test firing done at the factory.

I guess is comes down to a combination of personality, experience and available tools.  For me, I'd rather fix it myself than send it off and be without it for some period of time (or even get it lost in the mail/shipping functions somewhere).  I did send my new P01 slide back to CZ USA when the tritium front sight "died" a few months after I bought it.  And sure enough, FedEx "lost" the box for 3 days.  It got up to a FedEx facility in Maryland and the label got damaged and it took them 3 days to figure out what was going on and get a correct new label printed up and put on the box so it could continue it's way on to CZ USA.  Ten days from leaving to coming back home and three of them were due to it sitting on a shelf while FedEx figured things out and corrected them.  Yes, it was insured, but how long do you think it would take me to get a complete P01 urban gray top end from CZ (and the serial numbers still wouldn't match up.)

Rarely happens, I guess, but once you stick it in the mail/fedex/ups, etc. you no longer have control over it. 
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 02:06:36 PM »
I believe it is better to let CZ handle this. Not only a get a proper fix but they need to know.
"1776" - Part II

Offline Firemanjones

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 05:18:47 PM »
Welcome from the Mountains. I hope you get it up to CZ standards.
Safety First
Living the dream, driving a Fire Engine RETIRED shooting my Guns in FL and the Mountains of NC and visiting family in Mannheim.

Offline Jallick

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 05:37:56 PM »
I heard from CZ today.  Awesome customer service. I emailed back and forth a few times, emailed pics. They're gonna mail me the pins.

Not sure how it held together for them to fire it. I've fired two loaded mags through it myself. Shot like a dream

Offline Joe L

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 05:51:29 PM »
I heard from CZ today.  Awesome customer service. I emailed back and forth a few times, emailed pics. They're gonna mail me the pins.

Not sure how it held together for them to fire it. I've fired two loaded mags through it myself. Shot like a dream

Jallick--Glad they are sending you the pins.  That is the quickest solution.  There are two pins in each steel block and the steel blocks are snug in the frame.  Just make sure the holes line up perfectly before you tap the new ones in place.  I still think you should use a drop of blue Loctite on one end when you put it together.  There is never going to be a need to remove those blocks from the frame, unlike on a P-10C.

Enjoy your firearms.  I sure do, all three P series pistols.  I've won local bullseye matches with two of the three. 

Joe   
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline texasmojo

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 07:56:42 PM »
Lol I believe they are roll pins like the some of the pins used on AR15. They are hollow. My gun looks the same and shot like a dream too.