Author Topic: Got my Czechpoint Military 762.  (Read 4188 times)

Offline ethangsmith

Got my Czechpoint Military 762.
« on: November 12, 2017, 01:47:48 PM »
Hi folks,

Finally had enough money saved up and got myself one of the Czechpoint Military 762 variants. I also bought a .32 Skorpion as well. So is there anything I should do or need to know about this rifle? Is the brake that Czechpoint sells a good brake? What about the cone style flash hider? I can't wait to get it out and sight it in at the range. Definitely superior fit and finish to the 2008's I've seen at the gun shows.
Czech it out!

Offline Franz Maurer

• http://youtu.be/dtUdllX5Vpo
    • http://youtu.be/dtUdllX5Vpo
Re: Got my Czechpoint Military 762.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 02:13:26 PM »
75B .40 ; P-01 ; kadet2 ; '94 witness .45 - slim nose 1of999 ; samopal vz.58 ; tin foil hat.

Offline ethangsmith

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 04:46:36 PM »
I've got to say- my wife is super tolerant of my gun buying. In fact, she has a few of her own that we go to the range and shoot together. The good thing is, the finances to buy the 58 and 61 came solely from stuff of mine that I sold. No communal dollars were spent.
Czech it out!

wags68

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 11:22:58 AM »
I just ordered the same rifle on Friday, patiently waiting for shipping now.  I already ordered the brake and a side rail, just looking for an optic.  Really want to go with a 4x optic but worried about weight/size. How is your rifle working out? Have you done anything to it?

Offline ethangsmith

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 05:11:55 PM »
Have not had the time to shoot it yet. Work and holidays have put a bit of a damper on my shooting time this time of year. I got my brake for it today (It's the one Czechpoint sells for $35.) along with some of Czechpoint's moldy magazine pouches they are selling for dirt cheap. I cleaned the mag pouches with apple cider vinegar and they look just fine now. I'm eager to get out and shoot, I just need to find the time!
Czech it out!

wags68

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 06:59:29 PM »
Thanks for the response, hope you find time to enjoy the rifle!

Offline ethangsmith

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 07:16:14 PM »
I also bought a VZ2008, and the Czechpoint is very superior in build quality. Much better part fitment and finishing.
Czech it out!

wags68

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 07:50:19 PM »
Great to hear that!  I was agonizing about spending the extra on the CSA VZ58 over the VZ2008.  Decided to go ahead and "buy once, cry once".

Offline ethangsmith

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 08:50:53 PM »
Imagine you want a 1911. The VZ2008 would be a Rock Island and the VZ58 would be a Dan Wesson. Both function, both are good enough, but the Dan Wesson offers better finishing and fitment along with just an overall nicer appearance.
Czech it out!

Offline sboone

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 11:57:59 PM »
Imagine you want a 1911. The VZ2008 would be a Rock Island and the VZ58 would be a Dan Wesson. Both function, both are good enough, but the Dan Wesson offers better finishing and fitment along with just an overall nicer appearance.

Idk, I wouldn?t compare Rock Island with century...I?d say the 2008 is more like a taurus 1911  ;D

wags68

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 08:37:06 AM »
Lol, understood! I am sure I will be very happy with my purchase.

Offline briang2ad

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 04:47:44 PM »
Folks:  Its not JUST about build "quality" or fit/finish.  The CzechPoint weapon is as close to Milspec as you can get.  Heat treatment, metallurgy, and barrel quality are critical.  Military grade weapons cannot really be compared to 'sporter' repros.  One you can trust your life to.  The other is something for fun.

A better comparison MAY be a Colt 6920 to a Bushmaster. 

Offline ethangsmith

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 05:07:56 PM »
That's very true. I plan on having fun with both. But for serious, frequent shooting I will be picking up the Czechpoint every time I go to the range.
Czech it out!

Offline RSR

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 11:19:05 PM »
Folks:  Its not JUST about build "quality" or fit/finish.  The CzechPoint weapon is as close to Milspec as you can get.  Heat treatment, metallurgy, and barrel quality are critical.  Military grade weapons cannot really be compared to 'sporter' repros.  One you can trust your life to.  The other is something for fun.

FWIW, there are more military production parts in VZ2008s these days than VZ58s, which are largely new production guns...  Both need about the same amount of $ put into them after purchase to make them go-to guns IMO.  And unlike the Czechpoint guns which have held/dropped in value, my VZ2008s have doubled in value since purchase...

Offline czgunner

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2018, 12:38:43 AM »

FWIW, there are more military production parts in VZ2008s these days than VZ58s, which are largely new production guns...  Both need about the same amount of $ put into them after purchase to make them go-to guns IMO.  And unlike the Czechpoint guns which have held/dropped in value, my VZ2008s have doubled in value since purchase...

RSR, what needs to be done to the current CSA rifles to make them good to go?
Disabled combat veteran

anything