Author Topic: New CZ Announcements Soon, What Are You Wanting?  (Read 11713 times)

Offline Mike Russell

Re: New CZ Announcements Soon, What Are You Wanting?
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2018, 05:16:56 PM »
Vinny, I've got a couple of Tanfos...including an Elite Match in .38Super. Great guns in the upper grades, so so (IMO) in the lower levels. For me, I needed a hunting sidearm and it came down to the Witness Hunter and the Big Rock, I went with the Big Rock for a few reasons (most of which are personal preference things). I'd still jump on a CZ 10mm in a heartbeat (and probably a Springfield XDm 5.25 in 10mm as well)...I'm just not holding my breath.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2018, 05:29:33 PM »
Mike,
I know it's not a 10mm CZ, but in the meantime can that void be filled by EAA's Tanfoglio 10mm Witness Elite Match? Apparently the design is very similar to CZ and executed in Tanfoglio's Italian Custom Shop. I do see some positive comments in the CZForum 'Clone' section; but I've never really experienced one. Have you tried one of these?? (However, beware EAA's customer service gets poor reviews). I know, it's not a CZ!

Anyhow, just picked up my new P-07 SR at FFL today. Sending it off next for slide milling and optic mount. I could have waited for one of those 'pretty new 2018 colors', but plain 'ol black will have to do with some handsome Talon grip wraps. So for now....I've got plenty of CZ goodness to keep me busy.  O0
They have legendarily bad customer service! But if you check out the 10mm forum the above comments are mirrored. Get a medium to higher end one and you'll be set. One member has out thousand of full house 10mm rounds through his Hunter and it is still running strong.

I had one for a bit and it was incredible!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Vinny

« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2018, 05:33:06 PM »
Vinny, I've got a couple of Tanfos...including an Elite Match in .38Super. Great guns in the upper grades, so so (IMO) in the lower levels. For me, I needed a hunting sidearm and it came down to the Witness Hunter and the Big Rock, I went with the Big Rock for a few reasons (most of which are personal preference things). I'd still jump on a CZ 10mm in a heartbeat (and probably a Springfield XDm 5.25 in 10mm as well)...I'm just not holding my breath.

Mike, sounds like you've already got your bases well covered. The (someday, maybe) CZ 97 with the TS Slide in 10mm would be icing on the cake!
Liked your recent comments too in the 'Shotgun for HD' discussion.
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Vinny

« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2018, 05:41:07 PM »
Scarlett Pistol,
Now THOSE are some handsome pistols.  Nice shoot'in too. Thanks for the post.  -Vinny
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 05:49:38 PM by Vinny »
"Carpe Diem"

Offline zaxXxon

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2018, 06:38:05 PM »
CZ USA seems to announce their new products for the next year right around November 25th, give or take a few days. They haven't been teasing anything this year, but hopefully there are some new announcements all the same.

That being said what are you all wanting from CZ this year? Let's try breaking these into two separate groups:

Realistic Hope(s):

Pipe Dream(s):

Keep in mind we all have reasons for what we are hoping for and what we think might be realistic. This is for fun, so maintain the awesome reputation our forum has established for treating one another.

Realistic Hope(s):
1) Single stack 9mm. Rami, P-07 down to a subcompact single stack, or a P-10 sub compact single stack.
This is probably closer to a pipe dream. I love my Rami, but something like the P938 would be awesome for those times I need a deep carry piece.
2) Readily available P-01 Omega Models

Pipe Dream(s):
1) SP-01 10mm, SP-01 Compact 10mm, P-07 10mm, P-09 10mm, Rami 10mm. Not really interested on the 97 as a 10mm, it's a massive frame and it seems like the Tanfoglio Witnesses got the frame to a more manageable size.
2) Readily available slides, slide and barrel combos, and frames. Tanfoglio offers these and it would be amazing!
I'd like urban grey to go away for a while for suppressor ready p-07, 09, and sp-01s

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Offline zaxXxon

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2018, 06:39:29 PM »

Major pipe dream here, but I can dream... CZ 100 Subcompact!

Realistically, a shrunk down, single stack P-07, P-10, or RAMI would be awesome.

A single stack da/sa would be nice.  I'm fighting the urge to get a xde.  (I know, I know)

Offline Vinny

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2018, 07:29:06 PM »

Major pipe dream here, but I can dream... CZ 100 Subcompact!

Realistically, a shrunk down, single stack P-07, P-10, or RAMI would be awesome.

A single stack da/sa would be nice.  I'm fighting the urge to get a xde.  (I know, I know)

+2 Thumbs Up!
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Mike Russell

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2018, 08:18:05 PM »

Have you seen and held a XDe in person? They're not as small/compact as the XDs (thanks to needing room for the mechanism). As much as I like the XD series, after handling one it was a no go for me. It just didn't feel right and the trigger was typical Springfield...it needs work.

Offline zaxXxon

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2018, 11:04:52 PM »

Have you seen and held a XDe in person? They're not as small/compact as the XDs (thanks to needing room for the mechanism). As much as I like the XD series, after handling one it was a no go for me. It just didn't feel right and the trigger was typical Springfield...it needs work.
I rented one a few times at my local range and where it's not as short as the XDS I believe it's the thinnest da/sa hammer fired out there (definitely a big difference from my PX4 compact), and where you're also right about the trigger, I was liking it after a few mags.  Shot very well, without much kick.

Offline miller_man

« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2018, 07:02:53 AM »
I would love to see a p-09 slide on a p-07 frame. Pretty sure that's a pipe dream though.
 I may be making one for myself in the future.
List of guns here?

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2018, 08:43:48 AM »
2018's are on CZ's site.  I don't know if it is a complete list or if they are waiting until SHOT for a few others.  The rifle on the 2018 button on the main page isn't shown in the new page.

http://cz-usa.com/product-category/new-and-updated

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2018, 11:14:36 AM »
I want them to send me one of each of the new things - that is what I want ;-)
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2018, 02:21:42 PM »
Dang.... Nothing exciting on the pistol front. Way cool stuff for the Scorpion!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2018, 04:41:33 PM »
Wow -- chamberings for Nosler cartridges, but no 6.5mm Creedmoor!  No worries, I think I'm done with rifle need for the foreseeable.  My shotgun collection is pretty sorry, however. . . hmmmmm.  No mention of the steel compacts with safeties & rail, so maybe they can just put some SS compacts out there without advertising them as well!!!  I'm sure we'd all be racing to pick them up!

WHAT?  No more 10mm Scarlett?  Did you finally come over to the revolver side -- perhaps a nice and lightweight Ruger SP101 4" in .357?  That is all 10mm wanted to be anyway. . .

Offline Vinny

« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2018, 07:49:00 PM »
Wow! Look at all those pretty new 2018 pistol colors.  ::) CZ's starstruck with strikers.

For now I'm happy and thankful for the DA/SA CZ's I have. Maybe a P-09.
"Carpe Diem"