Author Topic: Holster for USDPA?  (Read 2442 times)

Offline sothoth

Holster for USDPA?
« on: November 22, 2017, 01:23:31 PM »
Want to get a holster and mag holder for my SP-01.  Any recommendations?  I’m new to competitive shooting.

Offline bigdave24

Re: Holster for USDPA?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 08:40:27 PM »
Comp tac and bladetech  both make good stuff.  The stoeger boss hanger works well.

Offline Smitty79

• So many guns, so little time
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 09:29:32 PM »
I use a Blade tech.  I have friends who swear by Red Hill Tactical.
Don't mistake my high post count for knowledge or wisdom.   I just like hearing myself type.

Offline sothoth

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 10:28:51 PM »
Comp tac and bladetech  both make good stuff.  The stoeger boss hanger works well.

The Stoeger is just the hangar, yeah?  So I’d need a holster in addition to that?  Just checking.  The images I see make it unclear if the holster is part of the rig or just the hanger.

Offline pewpew4life

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 12:05:08 AM »

The Stoeger is just the hangar, yeah?  So I’d need a holster in addition to that?  Just checking.  The images I see make it unclear if the holster is part of the rig or just the hanger.
The Boss Hanger is just that. The hanger the Holster attaches to that also attaches to the belt. I highly recommend the Boss Hanger. I would recommend just buying the whole set up from Ben Stoeger Pro Shop. They have a combo deal with Competition Belt, Holster, Boss Hanger, and Mag Pouches.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline sothoth

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 12:15:01 AM »

The Boss Hanger is just that. The hanger the Holster attaches to that also attaches to the belt. I highly recommend the Boss Hanger. I would recommend just buying the whole set up from Ben Stoeger Pro Shop. They have a combo deal with Competition Belt, Holster, Boss Hanger, and Mag Pouches.

I’ll take a look, that sounds like the perfect one stop shopping situation :)

Offline pewpew4life

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 12:27:47 AM »

I’ll take a look, that sounds like the perfect one stop shopping situation :)
You can't get much better . Happy shopping!

Offline BigHeat

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 07:38:11 AM »
I have used both bladetech and Red Hill Tactical. I tend to use the Red Hill more.
For mag pouches I use Ghost pouches.
Blue Bullets Sponsored Shooter. Use promo code Healey for a 5% discount on your next purchase (1 time use)

CZ Tactical Sport-40S&W
CZ 75 Shadow T-9mm
Tanfoglio Stock 2-9mm
Sig 1911 Max Michel edition 45acp
Sig P229-357sig-EDC

Offline sothoth

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 01:10:08 AM »
I have used both bladetech and Red Hill Tactical. I tend to use the Red Hill more.
For mag pouches I use Ghost pouches.

What do you like about Red Hill?

The Ghost pouches look cool.  You need 3 of them, yeah?

Offline pewpew4life

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 02:02:11 AM »
How many mag pouches you need will vary by what division you run. If you run Production, you'll want at least 5.

Offline AngelDeVille

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 03:33:15 PM »
The Blade Tech DOH already has the hanger, my first action pistol match is tomorrow so a report is pending.

I have 4 pouches for the action pistol match, I'm still confused by the many acromyms... USDPA>IPSC>FUBAR>ROTFL etc....
I got a .32 gun in my pocket for fun...

WWJMBD
Sent from the panic room, via two tin cans attached with a string, and a jail broken Atari 2600, while wearing a Tin Foil hat.

Offline RocketRyan

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 12:19:16 AM »
I use a bladetech sp-01 holster with their tek lok drop and offset holster attachment. I also have a red hill for my P-10c. Both work great for what they need to do.

Offline sdlrodeo

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 03:58:36 AM »
I use a Blade tech.  I have friends who swear by Red Hill Tactical.

Big +1 on the Red Hill Tactical. Small business owned by a shooter. Their double kydex and aluminum drip hanger does not move at all when establishing that crucial grip during the draw cycle.

Blade tech are fine at the price point but RHT is totally worth the slight extra price.
I had comptac from when they started. Also good gear.

Offline mariachi

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2017, 04:27:59 PM »
Red Hill is outstanding. have 2 of their holsters.
P-01 and 75 Shadow