Author Topic: Dry fire the EVO to smooth out the trigger pull?  (Read 1976 times)

Offline ARP

Dry fire the EVO to smooth out the trigger pull?
« on: March 01, 2018, 03:58:17 PM »
It might be another week before my EVO gets to my hands. I have been reading about the gritty trigger and the swap out of springs and polishing from Shooters Element. I own 3 CZ pistols, after dry firing them several hundred times, the trigger seems to smooth out and become better. Is this something that happens with the EVO or is the polish and spring job a "need to do"? (I know, triggers are as subjective as bicycle seats)

Offline SouthernScorp

Re: Dry fire the EVO to smooth out the trigger pull?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 05:09:43 PM »
Dry firing wont get much on evo. Frick an ak trigger takes 500rnds to grit out. Being said though the evo trigger isn't really as much gritty as it is heavy and lonnnng. Its about a 5/8 long pull, polishing and spring kit is more for reduced weight.
CZ Scorpion Evo S1 Pistol:

SLR Synergy Mini comp
SBT-EVO Brace
PMM Safety Levers
Dual HBI Prostock Charging Handles
Gearhead Mag Release
HBI Trigger Spring
HBI Delta Trigger
PMM QD Front & Rear
Magpul MS1 + QDs
Holosun HS515cu on ADM low mount
Vendetta VP-17-A AFG

Offline watchluvr4ever

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 05:52:49 PM »
My Evo trigger has never been gritty, quite the contrary.

Offline ARP

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 09:11:19 AM »
The longest trigger pull I own is my P-09. Loooong take up before the break in DA mode. I've considered sending it out for work, but I'm gonna keep working with it, each pull seems to get better. I'll do the same thing with the EVO, work with it before making any changes. I swapped out a trigger group on my one AR, now has a 3.5lb pull weight. CMC. I'm not sure I like it yet. One thing it will do is train my hand for better trigger control.

Offline Destructo6

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 01:05:22 PM »
Both of my trigger packs had pretty smooth trigger pulls, albeit long and heavy.

The HBi springs took care of the heavy part and gluing in shims took care of much of the long. For the $20 spent, it made worlds of difference.