Author Topic: 10x bushing  (Read 8611 times)

Offline mariachi

Re: 10x bushing
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 10:07:44 PM »
 last Saturday in a Virginia count competition was able to hit an 8? plate at 40 yards 3 times out of 6. that was with CZ 75 SP-01 custom Shadow with iron sights. the 10X bushing made it possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The Guardian

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2017, 10:12:22 PM »
Yes......that sounds about right, I'm not sure "everyone" understands just how much the bushings improve on the performance.  Glad your experience was as it should be.  :)

Offline rifmon

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 04:38:24 PM »
I am pretty sure my factory bushing would be considered one of the better ones but I can feel a slight up and down movement if I push up and down on the muzzle. Will my pistol benefit from this upgrade? Also, has anyone notice a negative affect on reliability once it's installed? Conventional wisdom would be the tighter the tolerances the more consistent but the less reliable.

Offline Boris_LA

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 05:15:33 PM »
No reliability effect. Depend on the fit of the original bushing you may experience more or less accuracy improvement. In extreme case, if your factory bushing very tight and tolerances stack up right for you may not see improvement at all.

Offline rifmon

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 05:59:29 AM »
Thanks. It may be worth a try at $50.00.

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2018, 06:42:23 AM »
If the accuracy of the gun is measured as 100% - I would say the bushing was the last 10% of it. 
It was well worth the price to tighten my groups at a distance.

A shooting buddy of mine has two of the exact same model as mine.  75 SP-01 Tacticals.  He shoots tighter groups with mine than he does with either of his two.  He's done the exact same mods - except for the 10X bushing.  I'll have to ask him when he plans on ordering them for his guns. 

Offline Billmanweh

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 11:46:21 AM »
Anyone tried this in a Shadow 2?

Offline RedLizard

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2018, 09:22:08 PM »
I put a 10X bushing in my CZ75 over the weekend and now I'm shooting mostly bulls eyes.
The only time I'm off is when I do an extra "something" other than pull the trigger.
It does a great job at showing me what I'm doing wrong and what I'm doing right.

FWIW - To install the bushing, I put my slide in a vice, then took a couple of pieces of 1/16th" rod (@ 1/2" long) and set one on the cut in the slide where it goes through the front sight, and put the other piece of rod in the cut on the new bushing as I was about to install it.  This made eyeballing the match-up of the bushing and the slide much more accurate so the roll pin went in without a fuss.

Offline rifmon

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2018, 10:08:59 PM »
My slide is coming back with the Meprolight Night Sights and the 10X bushing. Between these two modest updates, I expect improved groups past 15 yards.

I cannot believe how fast this was done btw. I need to look at my USPS receipt but I think it was a week turnaround! I guess I sent my slide in at the right time.

Offline zeroryde

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2018, 10:18:47 AM »
Anyone tried this in a Shadow 2?

yes and it improved my groups beyond 15 yds. fits right in no problems. use an 11mm deep socket and a nylon/rubber mallet to knock out the factory bushing. Barrel is pretty tight with the 10X

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2018, 12:35:31 PM »
I installed a 10x bushing on my high polish 75B and it made a huge difference in the accuracy of that gun.  The installation process was a lot easier than expected.  One thing I did to help the installation along was to cold soak the new bushing in ice water before installation.  I don't know if that made a difference but mine installed with no trouble at all.

Offline WVsig

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2018, 08:24:50 PM »
Joe L,

Summed it up very well.  As any good pistol smith worth his weight in salt will attest, the holy grail of accuracy in a semi auto is consistent shot-to shot-lock up of the barrel.  Consistency = accuracy.

We get calls every day asking if we recommend the barrel bushing.  You may be surprised how many times we "don't" suggest it.  If you only shot very short distances, i.e. 7 - 10 yards, the difference is not significant, in most cases.

When shooting at 10 yards plus, the difference can be significant.  As Joe L pointed out, the factory hand clearances the barrel to the bushing in the final assembly phase, and this can vary from very good to extremely poor.
Well I guess I need to order one

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've put a couple in CZ's......in my most accurate one there isn't really enough play to get the barrel out of the slide easily, so I just clean & lube with the barrel in the slide....I'm sure it will loosen up at after a few thousand rounds. Really a great upgrade..... ;)

Mine is that way. If you take a nylon punch and lift the chamber to remove it and tap the front of the barrel it will come right out.
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." - Soren Kierkegaard
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Offline MoRivera

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2018, 04:47:15 PM »
There has to be at least some up/down room for the barrel to tilt during recoil and not hang up through, yes?  Has anyone experienced any reliability issues at least when using a 10x new?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 11:31:22 PM by MoRivera »

Offline Joe L

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2018, 07:41:09 PM »
There has to be at least some up/down room for they barrel to tilt during recoil and not hang up through, yes?  Has anyone experienced any reliability issues at least when using a 10x new?

You will have to ask CGW about the geometry.  I would bet it is not pure cylindrical for very much of the length.  This is the beauty of modern manufacturing techniques, the way I see it.  That bushing may not be round.  All I know is that the barrel has no detectable movement with the slide closed and that there are zero reliability issues with mine.  I won a bullseye match with mine a few weeks ago.  Many sub 1.5" groups at 50 yards from a simple wrist rest indicates to me that the gun is tight enough for repeatability but loose enough to function perfectly in a typical shooting range environment.  (I wouldn't take it to the sandbox.) 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2018, 08:53:27 PM »
There has to be at least some up/down room for the barrel to tilt during recoil and not hang up through, yes?  Has anyone experienced any reliability issues at least when using a 10x new?

Mine has zero play when in battery and I have had zero issues when shooting.