Author Topic: 10x bushing  (Read 8618 times)

Offline pfisto

10x bushing
« on: November 25, 2017, 09:40:47 PM »
What is the benefits of this upgrade

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline oteroman

Re: 10x bushing
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 12:12:39 AM »
Tighter groups.
Less barrel movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Joe L

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 06:47:48 AM »

There is a lot of variation in the dimensions of the factory bushing.  Some bushings are tighter than others.  I had a very poor one in my 75B 9mm slide, so the 10x bushing was a tremendous improvement in the repeatability of that slide/barrel combination.  The results for your pistol will depend really on how bad the fit is with your factory bushing, but I don't know of anyone that hasn't seen some improvement.  I have a red dot sight on my 9mm slide.  Before the 10x bushing, at best, 4" five shot groups at 50 yards, usually 6".  After the bushing, 1.5" groups.  That is a huge improvement for me. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline knittle

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 07:31:28 AM »
Hmmm might be a good thing to do when I change my front sight.

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 08:12:19 AM »
+1....noticed the tighter grouping right away. Well worth the upgrade.

Offline pfisto

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 08:29:28 AM »

There is a lot of variation in the dimensions of the factory bushing.  Some bushings are tighter than others.  I had a very poor one in my 75B 9mm slide, so the 10x bushing was a tremendous improvement in the repeatability of that slide/barrel combination.  The results for your pistol will depend really on how bad the fit is with your factory bushing, but I don't know of anyone that hasn't seen some improvement.  I have a red dot sight on my 9mm slide.  Before the 10x bushing, at best, 4" five shot groups at 50 yards, usually 6".  After the bushing, 1.5" groups.  That is a huge improvement for me. 

Joe
Yea I forgot to get that with the pro kit

Offline schmeky

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 09:51:22 AM »
Joe L,

Summed it up very well.  As any good pistol smith worth his weight in salt will attest, the holy grail of accuracy in a semi auto is consistent shot-to shot-lock up of the barrel.  Consistency = accuracy.

We get calls every day asking if we recommend the barrel bushing.  You may be surprised how many times we "don't" suggest it.  If you only shot very short distances, i.e. 7 - 10 yards, the difference is not significant, in most cases.

When shooting at 10 yards plus, the difference can be significant.  As Joe L pointed out, the factory hand clearances the barrel to the bushing in the final assembly phase, and this can vary from very good to extremely poor. 

Offline pfisto

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 11:05:08 AM »
Joe L,

Summed it up very well.  As any good pistol smith worth his weight in salt will attest, the holy grail of accuracy in a semi auto is consistent shot-to shot-lock up of the barrel.  Consistency = accuracy.

We get calls every day asking if we recommend the barrel bushing.  You may be surprised how many times we "don't" suggest it.  If you only shot very short distances, i.e. 7 - 10 yards, the difference is not significant, in most cases.

When shooting at 10 yards plus, the difference can be significant.  As Joe L pointed out, the factory hand clearances the barrel to the bushing in the final assembly phase, and this can vary from very good to extremely poor.
Well I guess I need to order one

The Guardian

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 07:13:07 PM »
Joe L,

Well I guess I need to order one

I've put a couple in CZ's......in my most accurate one there isn't really enough play to get the barrel out of the slide easily, so I just clean & lube with the barrel in the slide....I'm sure it will loosen up at after a few thousand rounds. Really a great upgrade..... ;)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 07:38:18 PM by The Guardian »

Offline larry8061

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 03:09:48 PM »
Was there any definitive answer on whether or not it was legal for SSP in IDPA?

Larry

Offline MadDuner

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2017, 03:51:00 PM »
I'm very satisfied with the improvement from such a simple mod.

Offline Craig24680

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2017, 07:35:38 PM »
Question,
I have seen multiple sites about installing the bushing and needing to drill out for the front sight pin
Any issue installing the bushing in any orientation and just drilling after it's installed?

The Guardian

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2017, 07:41:54 PM »
Question,
I have seen multiple sites about installing the bushing and needing to drill out for the front sight pin
Any issue installing the bushing in any orientation and just drilling after it's installed?

I've installed several of the bushings, you don't need to drill anything when installing the bushing, it has a pre-machined slot for the front sight pin.  You do have to orient the pin slot but that's fairly easy......you can pretty much eye-ball it, never had an issue.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2017, 08:10:57 AM »
Question,

I've installed several of the bushings, you don't need to drill anything when installing the bushing, it has a pre-machined slot for the front sight pin.  You do have to orient the pin slot but that's fairly easy......you can pretty much eye-ball it, never had an issue.
Depends on the individual gun, CGW will confirm this. I used a small file on the bushing(out of the slide). The bushing is harder than the slide, use a drill and you will likely elongate the hole for the sight pin.

Offline RocketRyan

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2017, 11:57:38 AM »
I have one in each of my USPSA CZ guns. The lock up is solid and picks up those double alphas a lot easier. :)

anything