Author Topic: Wide notch rear sight for 75 B SA?  (Read 1929 times)

Offline newtocz

Wide notch rear sight for 75 B SA?
« on: November 28, 2017, 12:07:18 AM »
Hi, I am looking to upgrade the sights on CZ 75 B SA. I want black rear sights, preferably adjustable,
with the wide notch width close to .150". I searched all the usual suspects Dawson, CZC, CGW, LPA but found nothing.

If you know one, what would be the matching .100" FO front sight for it?

I am kinda new to handguns, not just CZ, but I've figured which sights I like for my 40++ eyes. I have P-10C for
HD/SD and thinking of turning 75 B SA into super accurate, strictly range and my (future) competition pistol.

Do the 75 B sights are the same as on 75 B SA?

ty
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 12:09:05 AM by newtocz »

The Guardian

Re: Wide notch rear sight for 75 B SA?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 12:17:12 AM »
Just answered a similar question in another area of the forum.........All the steel/alloy factory 75's have the same sight cut-outs and are interchangeable, only exception I know of is the PCR....the rear cut-out is different.

The Guardian

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 12:20:50 AM »
Those places you checked for sights are pretty much the extent of what I am aware of.....maybe I'm not understanding what you are looking for in a sight to be able to offer up any other suggestions....

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 06:42:08 AM »
The .125 notch on the Cajun EZ-D is the widest I'm aware of. It shows plenty of light with the included front sight. They sell a matching adjustable rear with the same notch. These sights are plenty fast, but pinpoint accurate they are not.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 07:36:51 AM »
Even when I was in my 20's and my eyes were excellent I liked a little bit wider gap between the sides of the front and rear sights.  It just seemed to help get things line up quicker when drawing from the holster and putting a quick shot on the target with the 1911 or the revolvers.

To be honest, that was pre-internet days and parts were not easy to find/buy and I ended up just using what they called "jewelers files) to open up the rear sight notch on several pistols.  I've considered doing it on a couple of my CZ's as even though I wear glasses now (to see that front sight) I still have a regular thought go through my head, when at the range, that a wider gap would be better.  Just haven't sat down on the bench to do it.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

The Guardian

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 08:16:35 AM »
Thinking outside the box or ?notch? as it were  ;D,  how about a two dot set-up or what is called an ?8? either without the raised sides or possible just a very low profile subtle notch on the rear site would be an option......definitely would open up the sight picture
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 08:19:03 AM by The Guardian »

The Guardian

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 02:41:42 PM »
That's essentially the XS sights, which aren't known for being particularly accurate, and not ideal for competition. The OP stated that they are "thinking of turning 75 B SA into super accurate, strictly range and my (future) competition pistol."

True......not sure you can have both, larger notch and super accurate  :-\

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 03:26:03 PM »
That's essentially the XS sights, which aren't known for being particularly accurate, and not ideal for competition. The OP stated that they are "thinking of turning 75 B SA into super accurate, strictly range and my (future) competition pistol."

That's what I'm saying. When I sighted in my 75 with EZ-D sights I questioned why I bothered with the 10X bushing. In match use though, they are outstanding.

Offline newtocz

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 09:38:22 PM »

You're right, having a wider notch it will not be super, bullseye, accurate. Let's say it will be practical competition accurate. I am finding my way around...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:59:28 PM by newtocz »

Offline newtocz

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 09:43:37 PM »
Thinking outside the box or ?notch? as it were  ;D,  how about a two dot set-up or what is called an ?8? either without the raised sides or possible just a very low profile subtle notch on the rear site would be an option......definitely would open up the sight picture

Those are express sights. Tried my friend's pistol with XS Big Dots and liked them a lot but for HD/SD not for competition - true.

Looking forward when they have them for my P-10C! Their message "A solution for these models is currently being evaluated by our R&D department. Stay tuned!"
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 09:46:58 PM by newtocz »

Offline newtocz

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 10:00:52 PM »
Even when I was in my 20's and my eyes were excellent I liked a little bit wider gap between the sides of the front and rear sights.  It just seemed to help get things line up quicker when drawing from the holster and putting a quick shot on the target with the 1911 or the revolvers.

To be honest, that was pre-internet days and parts were not easy to find/buy and I ended up just using what they called "jewelers files) to open up the rear sight notch on several pistols.  I've considered doing it on a couple of my CZ's as even though I wear glasses now (to see that front sight) I still have a regular thought go through my head, when at the range, that a wider gap would be better.  Just haven't sat down on the bench to do it.

It honestly did cross my mind to file the notch to my liking but then I thought it was not possible to do it precisely by manual filing. So I searched and people
in fact do file their sights including notches. I am off to order some needle files.

Offline newtocz

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 10:03:25 PM »
Thanks ALL for the responses!

Looks like I am gonna order those EZ-D sights and just file them.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 06:47:50 AM »
Go slow.  I might even suggest doing it at the range so you can remove a little metal, shoot a group, or two, and determine if the width is to your liking and whether or not the group is where it needs to be (in case you need to remove a little more metal from one side or the other.)

I'm not saying everything I ever "fixed" myself turned out super nice, but it usually works for me.  Function has always been more important than form - at least with guns/cars.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline bigdave24

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2017, 07:00:30 PM »
You're going to want to use a file that will only widen the sight, not deepen it.  You might have to dull the edges to prevent it from filing  areas you don't want to.

Offline newtocz

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 04:39:25 PM »
You're going to want to use a file that will only widen the sight, not deepen it.  You might have to dull the edges to prevent it from filing  areas you don't want to.

Yep, safe files - flat or triangular with flat edges.

anything