Author Topic: Know Your Weapon(s)  (Read 971 times)

CZ75ID

Know Your Weapon(s)
« on: August 15, 2006, 07:36:55 PM »
As from John Farnam's website.

22July06

Observation from a friend in SA:

"Last week, we shot in the middle of a typical Cape Town winter rain . This place is not known as the 'Cape of Storms' for nothing! We all got soaked.

Water had no effect on the operation of our CZs, but it did on Glocks. Gloc k magazines, when soaked, hang in the weapon. My shooting partner, who usuall y dumps used mags out as fast as I can blink, had to manually rip mags out in

order to reload. Nearly all other Glock shooters experienced the same problem. This is the wettest it has ever been while we have been shooting, a nd it is the first time I have noticed water having this effect on Glock magazines . It is, of course, no problem for those of us who have trained properly, but it confused quite a few."
---------------------------------------------
Lesson: Our training routines must address situation like these, which, though rare, like sand traps at the golf course, lie in wait to confound the unwary.

/John
-------------------------------------------------------

While I think this information speaks highly of CZs over Glocks.

I have owned CZs with the mag brakes installed for many a year. While most guys will tell you to remove them, some
like myself, have just adapted to the practice of ripping the
partially ejected or even sometimes stuck magazine out.
This also applies to my Glocks, Witness 10 and other semi-autos that I might happen to shoot.

BRASMAN

Know Your Weapon(s)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 01:26:24 AM »
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

anything