Author Topic: Failure to feed  (Read 19631 times)

Offline jack76590

Re: Failure to feed
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2017, 04:51:44 AM »
14 round mags with stock springs work fine in my two PCRs. Not that this is assurance they will work in RAMI I just bought. I am a big fan of wolff springs and generally buy direct from wolff. As I recall postage not bad if use regular US mail. Also I would guess the mag springs for 16 and even 18 round mags for 75 series CZs would work in the smaller capacity mags. I know the rami can take all these size mags. Interesting as I just purchased Rami. thanks for posting.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 04:59:21 AM by jack76590 »

Offline bfranz5

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 01:30:40 PM »
Ive been having similar problems...Mine happens with both mags, usually the first 3 to 4 rounds and the very last one. Reading other like posts had me believing it might be the recoil springs but then I noticed the gun was having issues when just chambering a new round. So at the moment I'm not sure how to fix it. Any suggestions?

Offline Vinny

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 03:35:10 PM »
Ive been having similar problems...Mine happens with both mags, usually the first 3 to 4 rounds and the very last one. Reading other like posts had me believing it might be the recoil springs but then I noticed the gun was having issues when just chambering a new round. So at the moment I'm not sure how to fix it. Any suggestions?
Is the gun new; or if not about how many rounds through?
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline bfranz5

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 03:58:48 PM »
Is the gun new; or if not about how many rounds through?
Maybe 400 to 500 rounds...thought it was me limp wristing it but same issues when instructor fired it.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2017, 04:15:06 PM »
What did your instructor think it was? Did it ever run right before? If so, I would first try replacing the outer recoil spring or the complete set, inner and outer with guide.

Sometimes, it's not just one thing; which can make it hard to pinpoint. As others have mentioned, it can also be the mag springs. Also, mine would start to hiccup after 150 consecutive rounds with dirty ammo that would form a muddy layer on the feed ramp. I polished the feed ramp and throat and that issue stopped happening. I take a rag on my pinkie and wipe the feed ramp if I'm shooting a lot. I've got about 4000 rounds through mine now and it's just sweet as honey. Other than routine recoil spring replacement, zero issues and 100% reliable now.  Hope you can solve it. Let us know.
"Carpe Diem"

Offline SlimChance

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2018, 04:59:34 PM »
My FTFs were frequent enough in my brand new Rami (and with both mags) that I decided to just send it in on warrantee to CZ USA. I got it back with the report: Work Performed: ADJUSTED BREECH FACE LEAD IN, FEED RAMP, EXTRACTOR, AND SLIDE STOP. REPLACED RECOIL SPRING.

I don't know what adjustment (?) can be made of the breech face lead in. The Feed ramp was a mirror to begin with. I don't know why the extractor or the slide stop would cause a FTF.  The recoil spring was factory new. So it's something of a mystery to me. But I took it to the range today and fired about 80 rounds using both mags and had zero FTFs and the ejected casings were flying about 3 feet. I'd have to test it more and with various types of ammo to be able to say it's 100% reliable but so far so good. I suppose I should order the Wolf mag spring just for good measure.

I shot nice tight groups though, but a little to the left (that might be me) so I moved the rear sight a tad to the right and zeroed in nicely. The experts usually say that shooting left is a trigger finger issue. Whatever. If I can hit bullseyes by moving the sight then I figure I'm good for now. We'll see how it goes after a couple thousand rounds. But today I'm back to liking this gun.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018, 05:17:15 PM »
Slim,
Good to hear CZ took care of you. We'll be looking forward to your 2K round report.  ;) -Vinny
"Carpe Diem"

Offline frogwalking

• Retired Engineer, Viet. Vet., (one of the 4%)
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 07:46:00 PM »
I had one ftf; again the 14 round mag. (The first in several hundred shots.)   Hollow point 124 grain Federals.  The cartridge never made it to the feed ramp, but the nose slammed into the front of the mag.  I l have cleaned the magazine carefully previously.  I don't think any lead was exposed on the bullet as I think lead is "sticky".  It looks like the cartridge did not make it up to the top of the magazine.  Clearing this kind of jam is easy once i learned how.  Retract the slide and engage the slide stop.  Push the mag release.  This is the identical type of failure I had before, in the first several hundred shots.  Maybe this will not happen again.  It should not happen at all. 

Offline ZanderMan

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2018, 08:29:41 PM »
Is this with the +10% mag spring?
Used to own a CZ Jawa...

Offline frogwalking

• Retired Engineer, Viet. Vet., (one of the 4%)
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2018, 08:01:06 PM »
Yes.  It is.  I am just going to use the 10 round magazines when I need reliability.  I don't think I have ever had a failure with either 10 rounder; certainly not in the last 300 rounds.  I bought this as a carry gun anyway.  I do not compete, so have no reason to carry with the 14 round mag.

Offline SlimChance

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2018, 12:47:27 AM »
Where did you order your Wolff mag spring from? I'm looking at the Gunsprings.com site where they list one for the CZ 75, part number 74271 for the +10%. Is that the one? In another thread others have talked about using this spring but having to cut it down to the same length as the factory spring.
Thanks
-Slim

Offline SlimChance

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2018, 04:17:18 PM »
Follow up: Another 150 rounds today with zero FTFs. American Eagle and Winchester 115 gr. FMJs and Critical Defense hollow points. Equal amounts of both 10 and 15 round mags.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2018, 05:05:37 PM »
Thanks Again Slim,
This is a good thread to follow any RAMI feed issues and solutions!

I haven't had any FTF's FTE's in a long time with either my 2015 or new 2017 RAMI. 1,000's of rounds.

However, I polished my feed ramp&throat, always careful about cleaning any crud off breach face and under the extractor after shooting, been replacing recoil springs on schedule..... but I'm probably going to order some heavier 14rnd mag springs as a precautionary measure. 

As the song goes: "Gotta reach 100, because 99 and 1/2% won't do!"

Thanks for the updates.  -Vinny
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Esquilax

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2018, 07:53:38 PM »
My 10 rounders worked great with HP, 14 rounders had issues. In my case Federal HST, 2 different weights. No problem with RN practice ammo, multiple brands.

How are people polishing their feed ramp? I'm new to that. Youtube? The ones I found seem very aggressive. Dremel and some rouge?

Offline ZanderMan

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2018, 08:50:44 PM »
Dremel and some rouge?
That?s what I use. 

Shiny.
Used to own a CZ Jawa...

anything