CZ PISTOL CLUBS > CZ40B/40P

40 P help

(1/2) > >>

Shadow knows:
So I picked one up last Friday and have ran a few hundred rounds thru it with no problems.
I want to update the guide rode to a solid stainless and whatever else I need to do. 
I have read and read and read and watched what few videos there are and it seems this model is a SP-01 lower. 
So I call CGW to get pn's to order stuff and I get confused. 

They gave me a different pin for a guide rode than what was listed for sp-01. Said it was not really a SP-01.  Now I am a nobody and I am not about to question them I just like to work on my own stuff to get a better understanding and sense of pride of my weapons.

Guide rod they gave me #75060, I thought it would be 74040.  Anyone help me out as I need a spring and would like their hammer kit also.  Maybe even a short reset if possible.

CZDad:
I don't remember the sizes, but it is different from an SP-01 due to the longer slide.  The lower is very close to the SP01 with some small differences the Guide Rod is one of them. It's not a compact, nor is it full sized.  It's a compact frame on a full sized slide.  You would need a full sized guide rod.

If you told Cajun Gun Works it was for a 40P, then you should be ok.  75060 seems right though. 

Indy_Tim:
The 40P frame is not an SP01 frame, but more over a P06 frame with very minor mods to the sear cage.  When I replaced the guide rod in my 40P, I ordered a couple of injector release pins and cut to size, so I can't help with the part number.  Does the one they sent match the length of the plastic one that was in there?

Shadow knows:
I have not ordered the guide rod yet, though I was going to order what they said and a new recoil spring which I may just order their spring pack.  I will just have to cut to fit according to everything I have read on here. 

Before I was going to order that I wanted to get a short reset kit or at least the hammer.  Anyone have any experience with this?

Stuart:
40P is the child that no one knows the parents.
the lower is a P01/P06 style and the upper is a 40B upper. not compact, not fullsize.
so the fun part is nothing current will work for guide rod, recoil spring, buffer or sights or barrels.
back in the day, there were a couple of companies doing some minor parts as the guns were popular.
Google will get you some, not sure if the companies are still around as everything on the internet is forever.

Guide Rod
https://ssguiderods.com/shop/cz-40p/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version