Author Topic: Converting DA/SA to SAO  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Richrit

Converting DA/SA to SAO
« on: December 06, 2017, 07:09:01 PM »
I am researching the benifits of converting a CZ SP-01 to SAO. I found many posts on how to do it, but why should I?
The is for range use only.

Offline fastlane604

Re: Converting DA/SA to SAO
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 11:18:37 PM »
I have done the conversion and I really like. My question would be, unless you compete in SSP in IDPA or Production in USPSA, why would you not want to do it?  Tune the trigger for SA only. No compromise between SA and DA trigger pulls. If it is a range gun only, there is no need for the safety feature of the long DA first pull. I think the flat faced SA trigger from either CGW or CZC is great. I have guns with both. Install the CZC extended paddle safety and let your thumb ride it to control recoil. I shoot mine in ESP.

Now that is my opinion. You will find others who will tell you they will never convert.

Offline newageroman

• Press or cry like the rest...
    • The Brass Bucket - Brass Trading Website
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 01:17:04 AM »
Here are some reasons I converted this range gun. Mainly best possible trigger and the SAO is cheaper than the DA/SA trigger job/parts.
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=92370.0

I will note that I am having a bit of an issue with my SAO conversion that I need to figure out, but I'll post that in the other thread.
Ricky Ace Range Review: https://rumble.com/c/c-1388111
75B-BullShadow SAO (Limited Optics)
SP-01-SAO-comped (OpenMajor)
97E SAO, 97B, SAR copies
..others..

Online sniperboy

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 09:23:56 AM »

Offline Richrit

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 07:07:46 PM »
Thanks.

Offline Camaro400

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 09:51:35 PM »
I converted mine and I love it! I love SAO on my SP01.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline redlightrich

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2017, 08:45:23 AM »
If having a good single action pull is your end game, that can be done while keeping the DA functional. It really depends on the intended use. If it is strictly and only a range or target gun, then removing DA is not an issue. If is is a safety model, then removing DA makes it like a 1911, which is safe to carry cocked and locked.

If it had dual purpose, meaning it may play a defensive role, then keeping the DA feature may be prudent. Remember, after the 1st DA pull, the rest of the mag is SA.

I tune my SA, and allow the DA to fall where ever it does. I pay zero attention to the DA pull, as long as it works.

I feel the DA pull is a great safety feature.

Good luck

Rich

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2017, 01:45:25 PM »
Some people have trouble reaching the factory trigger on a DA/SA pistol.

My SP01 Compact when new.

My SP01 Compact after conversion to SAO with the straight trigger.

DAO set up decreases trigger finger reach.

You can carry a DA/SA CZ cocked and locked if you've got one that's got thumb safeties.  I'm not sure you can convert a decocker pistol to SAO, but I don't own a CZ 75 type with decockers.  All of mine that had decocking levers are the Omega models.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Richrit

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2017, 05:09:15 PM »
Thanks all, I am absolutely almost 100% sure, well pretty sure im going SAO. Cant carry in NJ, so range use only, not defensive, thats covered. I do have Cajun CZ-97 thats sweet in SA and not bad in DA. Just wanted to make my next purchase a little better. Since I have to wait for my permit to come in, im overthinking this.