Author Topic: 527M inconsistent ejection  (Read 2481 times)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
527M inconsistent ejection
« on: December 07, 2017, 01:47:41 PM »
If you watched my last video, I had really inconsistent ejection with my beloved 527M/CSR, and it ranged from "pick it out of the extractor claw" to "fly out like normal". My brass IS old, (some have more ejector marks on the rim than letters and numbers), and I hadn't ever really cleaned under the ejector button...didn't really think that was going to be a problem, honestly, but I did clean the snot out of it before I take her out again soon. Anyone had an ejector simply wear out, considering it's nothing more than a wide flat peice of steel that kicks the brass off the extractor claw...

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: 527M inconsistent ejection
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 12:59:28 AM »
CZ-USA has the 527M/CSR now, so we will see. Not a failure of the rifle, just me wearing it out, I'm sure.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 07:04:20 AM »
I've never known anybody that wore out any part on a bolt action rifle. I'm impressed!

Offline painter

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 08:11:05 AM »
Couldn't you find someone local to avoid shipping?
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 03:58:31 PM »
Nobody local I would trust with that baby. The gunsmith buddy who worked on it before gotten hitched lately, and nobody sees hide nor hair of him on non work days.
I have worn out a few guns over the years, but this was my first bolt action. On the other hand, I have gotten my moneys worth by far - I have brass that I have loaded so many times that you can't read the headstamp for the ejector marks...which ALSO might be related to the problem. It was built for steel case stuff, after all...I just insist on being me.

Offline painter

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 07:37:15 PM »
Nobody local I would trust with that baby. The gunsmith buddy who worked on it before gotten hitched lately, and nobody sees hide nor hair of him on non work days.
I have worn out a few guns over the years, but this was my first bolt action. On the other hand, I have gotten my moneys worth by far - I have brass that I have loaded so many times that you can't read the headstamp for the ejector marks...which ALSO might be related to the problem. It was built for steel case stuff, after all...I just insist on being me.
After your posts, I looked at the schematic of the 527. I never noticed the 'ejector spring' before. You shoot yours a ton. Hopefully it was just dirty...if you wore it out...

way to go! ;D

but not the ability.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 11:59:42 PM »
I never did either, had to look it up myself! I have put THOUSANDS of rounds through that fine carbine, easily my most-fun-to-shoot rifle ever. In the history of ever, to be precise.  8) I give the rifle no fault on this one - most likely it's me, probably with not knowing what is located there, I didn't clean it out right, and CZs gunsmith will be sending me a pointed email about proper firearms maintenance.  ::) If I actually did manage to wear it out, hey, this thing lasted a long time with digesting a WHOLE lot of factory and hand loaded ammo. I was told that I should use more steel case Russian ammo...yeah, like a hand loader like me is gonna use that stuff.  ;D AKA, "yuck". However, I get the point. I just anxiously await the return of my coyote hammer.

Offline painter

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 06:46:50 AM »
Well...? ;D

but not the ability.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 01:14:22 AM »
We wait. 4-6 weeks is the standard turn around, and I told them I can wait if something else has to get done. So....we wait. :'(

Offline painter

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 12:25:28 PM »
We wait. 4-6 weeks is the standard turn around, and I told them I can wait if something else has to get done. So....we wait. :'(
It seems like it's been that long already. :P

I feel like the kid in the back seat... ;)

but not the ability.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 11:21:29 PM »
Are we there yet...are we there yet...MOM...HE WON'T STOP TOUCHING ME...are we there yet?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 12:50:32 AM »
I got the shipping notice and the notice from CZ-USA. They said it was a combo of extreme carbon buildup in the front of the action, (I thought I was cleaning things...I was doing it wrong...:( ), and the magazine had a weak spring, which was replaced. So, combination of me being a full blown idiot in public, ( everyone has to be good at SOMETHING), and a weak spring on my overused range mag. Can't wait to get this baby back out of the line AND find out what it is I need to keep clean that I goofed up.

Offline painter

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 09:01:54 PM »
Hope it works out.

For the life of me I can't figure out what a weak mag spring has to do with ejection. :o

The dirty action...yup. Especially if it was in the area of the ejector spring.

but not the ability.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2018, 09:46:28 PM »
I cleaned that rifle every time it was fired, so I will have to see where it was that I was missing stuff, no clue. BUT, I knew in my heart it was my fault - that little rifle is just too dadgum perfect. 8)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 09:10:56 PM »
And she's back. :) Range time next week for testing. :)

anything