Author Topic: CZ 75 BD Trigger job  (Read 6843 times)

Offline bigbrother

CZ 75 BD Trigger job
« on: December 11, 2017, 06:12:58 PM »
Hi I am new to the site and have a question about the gun that I just purchased. I have always been a big fan of the 1911 but decided to purchase the CZ 75 BD 9mm. I am wanting to have the trigger lightened and the pull shortened on it. Can this be done and if so who would you recommend? Any help in this would be greatly appreciated thank you.

GySgt Van
GySgt U.S.M.C. (retired)

Offline SP01bob

Re: CZ 75 BD Trigger job
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 06:23:29 PM »
There will be some time getting into their system, but its worth the wait, 100% worth the wait.

https://cajungunworks.com

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline bigbrother

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 06:30:04 PM »
Thanks for the input. I have heard of the company and heard great things about them and their professionalism.
GySgt U.S.M.C. (retired)

Offline Tok36

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 08:24:03 PM »
Gratz on your new CZ! The CZ 75 BD was the first CZ that i picked up and the first CZ that i sent out to CGW.

Lighting the DA trigger pull starts with reducing the hammer spring weight as i see it. Generally you can go as low as 15lb without the need of other parts and still maintain consistent primer ignition on all primer types. Reducing the hammer spring further requires other parts to maintain consistent primer ignition. Lightening the SA is more so a matter of the hammer geometry, hammer hooks and to a lessor degree the hammer spring/Trigger Return Spring (TRS). Internal polishing plays a part in lighting and smoothing out the SA and DA.

Aside from swapping triggers, reducing the pull length is only obtainable with the CGW Reach Reduction Kit (RRK) as far as i am aware. The CGW RRK achieves a reduced pull length with the installation of a special disconector that reduces the at rest SA trigger position and a trigger with a Pre-travel set screw that reduces the at rest DA trigger position.

I would suggest calling CGW directly and discussing your needs with them. This is the quickest and most efficient way to get what you need as i see it. They are not the types to up sell in my experience. This is also what i did back when i was new to CZs and was not quite sure what parts i needed to achieve my goals.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:44:59 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline SP01bob

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 08:44:12 PM »
Gratz on your new CZ! The CZ 75 BD was the first CZ that i picked up and the first CZ that i sent out to CGW.

Lighting the DA trigger pull starts with reducing the hammer spring weight as i see it. Generally you can go as low as 15lb without the need of other parts and still maintain consistent primer ignition on all primer types. Reducing the hammer spring further requires other parts to maintain consistent primer ignition. Lighting the SA is more so a matter of the hammer geometry, hammer hooks and to a lessor degree the hammer spring/Trigger Return Spring (TRS). Internal polishing plays a part in lighting and smoothing out the SA and DA.

Aside from swapping triggers, reducing the pull length is only obtainable with the CGW Reach Reduction Kit (RRK) as far as i am aware. This CGW RRK achieves a reduced pull length with the installation of a special disconector that reduces the at rest SA trigger position and a trigger with a Pre-travel set screw that reduces the at rest DA trigger position.

I would suggest calling CGW directly and discussing your needs with them. This is the quickest and most efficient way to get what you need as i see it. They are not the types to up sell in my experience. This is also what i did back when i was new to CZs and was not quite sure what parts i needed to achieve my goals.
You're welcome bigbrother.

Good info right there!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline Continental Op

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 02:56:52 PM »
I also recommend the RRK from Cajun.  I put it in my BD and it made a big difference in trigger reach and lightened the trigger pull.  You can do it yourself, but buy the Slave Pin.  You will hate yourself if you don't.

Offline bigbrother

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 03:17:51 PM »
Thanks for the input. I have decided to go with the Pro Kit from CGW (Cajun Gun Works). It includes the RRK and Dave has said that the Pro Kit will improve the trigger so much that it will be the difference between night and Day. Looking forward to it. If anyone has any experience with the kit or knows someone who does any input would be appreciated. I have been told that Cajun Gun does high quality work.
GySgt U.S.M.C. (retired)

Offline Tok36

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 03:45:35 PM »
I have had the Pro package done on a few of my CZs including my 75BD it really dose take things to a hole other planet. It also gives you a great base line if you decide to tinker with a CZ on your own one day. In contrast to my DIY CZ gunsmithing i would say that the SA break and the smoothness of the DA pull stick out the most on the pistols i sent in. I have gotten some pistols real close doing it my self, but on those two points not quite like the in house CGW work. They have refined some Cajun magic in that part of the in house work.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 07:46:31 PM by Tok36 »
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline bigbrother

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 03:48:21 PM »
That is what I have been told in regards to the pro kit in house being top grade. I am looking forward to having it done.
GySgt U.S.M.C. (retired)

The Guardian

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 11:57:57 PM »
Have the Pro-Pkg in my BD......a DIY project....really nice, not one bad thing to point out........though I don't really put in the short resets anymore, especially on a carry gun....just makes the trigger a bit too easy to pull, a little take-up isn't a bad thing  ;)........but that's my preference  ;D

Offline bigbrother

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 12:06:25 AM »
Thanks Guardian for the input. I am really looking forward to having everything done. I have decided to also have them replace the front and rear sites with the adjustable rear and the fiber optic fronts. By the way what did you mean by DIY Project? and is there a trigger that you could recommend?
GySgt U.S.M.C. (retired)

The Guardian

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 12:18:56 AM »
DIY "Do-It-Yourself".......been working on CZ's many years  ;)   My trigger of choice is the 85C "Old Style".......its the one the Pro-Pkg comes with, its fully adjustable and has the best profile of any of the triggers offered.  As far as sights, I do the Dawson Fiber Optic set on all my CZ's, again just my preference....once they are set, that's it.  The BD has really been one of my pet projects, its a one of a kind.  Here is the link I put up in the GUNSMITHING section a bit ago......

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=92168.0

Offline bigbrother

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 12:33:01 AM »
Very nice BD. Question. How good is the barrell on the BD? Do they make any other upgraded barrells? I like the extended slide stop. did you replace the magazine release with an extended or is that the factory release?
GySgt U.S.M.C. (retired)

The Guardian

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 01:04:30 AM »
Very nice BD. Question. How good is the barrell on the BD? Do they make any other upgraded barrells? I like the extended slide stop. did you replace the magazine release with an extended or is that the factory release?

The factory barrel with the CGW bushing is as good as a match grade setup..... I believe you can get after market barrels, I?ve never really had/seen a need to......I did not replace the mag release, again this was something that feel into the category of, the factory part worked well for me  :)

Offline bigbrother

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 11:50:19 AM »
Thanks alot for all of the input from everyone. I do have 1 more question. Does CGW have a sight set up for the 75bd that would be easier or better for someone who's eyes are no longer like they were when we were 40 yrs. old? I am 63 and would like to have a set of sights installed that would also help to acomodate my eye sight.
GySgt U.S.M.C. (retired)