Author Topic: VZ58 pistol sighting in  (Read 557 times)

Offline slangvel

VZ58 pistol sighting in
« on: December 20, 2017, 03:16:13 PM »
Hello;  need some advice on sighting in a VZ58 pistol.   This is one of the 11.90 barrel models.  Bought this 2nd hand about a year ago, looks to be new.  Took out for first time today using Tula 122gr ammo.  Shooting at 50 yards could not get on the target.   Did have a rifle model along that print nice and close.     I was shooting off a sand bag rest, with the pistol resting on the mag for support.   Any feedback appreciated.

Offline gwvt

Re: VZ58 pistol sighting in
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 06:46:48 PM »
I'd start closer in to get a rough zero. Go in to 25 or even 10 yards if necessary, then go farther out for the final zero. I'd be inclined to avoid resting it on the mag while firing.

Offline sboone

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 01:23:04 PM »
Resting on the mag can induce a stoppage FTF mostly, my compact can be picky depending on the magazine if it’s got some wiggle.  I’ve got 2 mags that I cannot rest on or they cause FTF.  I’ve never really shot mine much past 25 yds but it seemed to be relatively close POA/POI.  I’d like to brace it and get a better idea what its doing though.  Bring it in closer is your best bet.  It’s usua best to start off close as 10 yds it so to get on paper solid and back it up.  we aren’t youtube stars who’s optics and irons always appear to be magically almost perfect and need maybe minor tweak to be dead on on a bad day.

I usually start at 10, back up to 50 to verify and adjust, then back to 100 to calibrate to the 100m setting on the leaf when applicable
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 01:26:52 PM by sboone »

Offline slangvel

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 03:34:52 PM »
Okay thanks guys.   Part of the issue, is I am 70 and had a rotator cuff repair on my shoulder which means its harder to shoot off hand.  I am thinking about a brace to see if that will help me.   I like the piece and thought about putting a laser flashlight combo on it and using a sling.  It runs smooth.