Author Topic: Lube types for pro package assembly?  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Kball

Lube types for pro package assembly?
« on: December 26, 2017, 09:27:42 AM »
Looking for recommendations on oil / grease / lube suitable for reassembly of the pro package in a 75 P-01.

Thx

Offline doc171

• FIELD MEDICAL TECHNICIAN
Re: Lube types for pro package assembly?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 01:40:01 PM »
well, to each his own...I currently use 3 parts synthetic motor oil and one part synthetic ATF. And I use the CGW grease on the rails.

Offline Kball

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 05:17:53 PM »
Thx, anything on the firing pin or is it to stay dry?

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 07:18:38 PM »
Don't lube the Firing Pin or Extractor channels.  GUNK will form and cause grief. Clean is good.  My 9mm FP /channel has never had a problem. The extractor will get dirty,  but doesn't need lube to make the crud worse.  Clean is good.

Every shooter has their preferences AND 99.5% of them are successful with whatever they use to lube.
I use Mobil 1 for everything CZ 75.  I oil lightly wipe it down after shooting and reoil.  No problems or corrosion.

Forgot to ADD:   Your local "Climate"  can make a difference in what you use for lube.  In very cold climates,  grease has to be suitable for the local temps.  In hotter climates a heavier grease may be better. 
At the Benos forum,  "Slide-Glide comes in varying weights and liked by many active competitors.
In all climates, Mobil 1 works just fine.  ;) O0

« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:56:07 PM by 1SOW »

The Guardian

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 10:19:05 PM »
The factory guns come with the firing pin pretty well lubed........when I do upgrades of any kind on firing pins, I don't saturate the firing pin/spring but do put some on them just to smooth out the functioning of those parts.  Any buildup is always dependent on several factors so lubrication isn't the only one......the extractor I clean regularly just as a part of routine cleaning so I don't really ever have a build-up issue there. Just my experience......  ;)

Offline cdhbrad

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 10:33:35 AM »
I don't know about Assembly.....I leave that to the fine folks at CGW.  Here is what I do to lube after cleaning and at the Range.  I field strip the pistol and clean barrel and slide with Hoppes #9 and, prior to reassembly, give it a spritz of CLP.  On the frame, I remove the grips, spay liberally with an Orange based cleaner, scrub with an old toothbrush to loosen all the gunk and, wash in really HOT water to get all the crud out reapplying and scrubbing the Orange cleaner till the inside is clean.  I then dry with my air compressor and give the inside of the frame a very liberal spritz of CLP then reassemble the gun.  The combo of HOT water, Air, and CLP leave the inside looking brand new.   

At the range, I also use a mix of Mobil 1/ATF, as mentioned above and as I do on all my pistols.  Before every session, I lube the barrel hood, barrel where it meets the bushing, guide rods, and apply it to the rails, at the front with the slide in battery and at the rear with the slide locked back then let the lube gravity flow down the rails. 

I only shoot my own reloads that use Coated cast lead, clean my guns about every 750-1000 rounds, and they all run fine in between cleaning.           

Offline srREXed

• Is it broken? Then why are you fixing it?
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 10:43:56 AM »
Wilson combat has some great lubricant. I’ve been using their juice and the thicker stuff for assembly of new parts, going on 5 maybe 6 years now. The stuff never did me wrong and it lasts a while as well. Make sure you clean them all really well prior to application. Use of any type of clp would do just fine. But if you’re looking for extra piece of mind, frog lube is some really great stuff as well. Hope this helps.
Wife: Is it broken?
Me: No.
Wife: Then why does it need to be fixed?
Me: I knew you wouldn't understand.
Me: You're way smarter than I am babe.
Wife: Ok, so if it's not broken and not fixed, what exactly is it?
Me: It's taking time Hun. Just taking some time.

Offline Hemiscorpius lepturus

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 05:14:14 AM »
Thx, anything on the firing pin or is it to stay dry?

I use moly disulphide dry powder on the pin and channel