Author Topic: First shoot/ possible issue  (Read 520 times)

Offline Lifesaver

First shoot/ possible issue
« on: December 29, 2017, 08:32:11 PM »
I finally was able to shoot my first CZ today, my P-07. I was using Freedom Arms ammo in 9mm. First 30 rounds was, well magical. I literally was a better shooter (credit to the CZ) immediately compared to my previous carry Taurus 145 M-pro. Very tight groups. I was impressed. But then....

I load the 3rd mag. Shoot a couple then a round the hammer falls and nothing. I take a look and the slide is sliding atw forward, short by a few millimeters. I was able to close the slide the rest with my hand, gun fires fine for a round or two then it does it again. This repeats several times to the point that I had to remove the slide, round intack to get it out. Reload the mag shoots 20-30 no problem then it occurs a time or two again then the next 30 or so was fine reoccurs once again then shoots the next 50 no problem. I used 30 of my buddies ammo, different brand no problems. The freedom ammo in his Tarus had a couple rounds not fire but no issues like mine.
I'm going to buy some different ammo and run 100 or so rounds thru it so I should know where the fault lies though I'm fairly confident its the ammo.

I'm pretty with the trigger. First shot is pretty heavy but 2nd shot on is smooth and consistent pulls. My only complaint would be the trigger reset is very long. On mine I'd guesstimate it about 80% before it resets.

My buddy who has a Taurus PT-111 9mm. Was amazed at the accuracy and when he shot it again he couldn't believe how it was so accurate compared to his Taurus. He is definitely a beginner shooter and very envious of my CZ.
Of course like others here I can't keep anything stock. If theres something that makes it faster, taller, smoother etc then I gotta mod it so it will get night sights and cajun magic in the next couple months.

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
Re: First shoot/ possible issue
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 09:01:04 PM »
Are we talking Freedom Munitions ammo? I have had issues with it, as have my shooting buddies. QC is not so great and we switched to other stuff.

It isn’t “required” but personally I like to use snappier ammo for the first hundred or two through a new gun - I favor Winchester NATO and, for defensive guns, some self defense ammo for this.

Let us know how it goes! :-)
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline FakeCZName

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 09:10:54 PM »
Lifesaver: We can help you with the long reset on the P-07. Just get CGW's short reset kit and their hammer and hammer spring for making the SA pull just perfect.

Offline Lifesaver

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 09:21:18 PM »
Minuteman Munitions 9mm Ammunition Blue Coat Ammo 115 Grain Poly Jacketed

My bad. This is it.
https://www.outdoorlimited.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=115grpcl9mm

Offline Lifesaver

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 09:27:42 PM »
I'll likely get the Pro grade kit. Might as well deck it out.

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 09:32:10 PM »
I’d almost guess that the poly is causing the issue with the short chamber of the CZ. Only a guess of course.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline eastman

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 09:37:41 PM »
I've never seen that brand of ammo out here. I recommend trying it with a box or two of name brand (factory new, not remanufactured) ammo.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline SteelCurtain

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 09:57:18 PM »
Complete CZ rookie here.  Just put 200 rounds thru my new PO-7 yesterday and 100 today.  My first 200 was all hotter ammo, and then today I shot some 115 grain practice ammo.  In 300 rounds I had no FTF's at all.  The gun was flawless and very very accurate. 

Offline Lifesaver

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 05:53:34 PM »
Outdoor limited.com is where I bought it from.

Offline Lifesaver

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 11:34:42 PM »
I shot 2 different brands of ammo today. My PO7 shot both without issue. Even shot the ammo that was an issue before now no problems.

I really can't imagine making this pistol any better.  Of course I'll cajunize it anyways just to be sure.lol.I'm shooting from distances I never attempted before with really good accuracy.. I really enjoy this CZ. Maybe a P10 in my future.