Author Topic: Pro kit  (Read 2735 times)

Offline Lifesaver

Pro kit
« on: December 31, 2017, 05:58:54 PM »
Just to be clear, is there anything not in the Pro kit that would be recommended for my P-07 that is not included? I'm just an average shooter looking to maximize my pistols capability without compromising reliability. No competitive shooting.

Offline Googe1227

• Chiraq CZ Fan
Re: Pro kit
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 06:21:30 PM »
It?s got everything you need. I put the same kit in my P09 and couldn?t be happier with the results.

Offline Hemiscorpius lepturus

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 05:13:11 AM »
Packages of sandpaper, 800 grit, 2000 grit, and 2500 grit, for polishing parts such as the trigger bar and various pins

Offline Craig24680

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 04:33:08 PM »
To hijack slightly, as I will be getting the upgrade kit myself in the coming weeks, do you need to measure your Roller Bearing prior to ordering?
CGW has 3 sizes available.

Offline texasmojo

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 05:56:47 PM »
To hijack slightly, as I will be getting the upgrade kit myself in the coming weeks, do you need to measure your Roller Bearing prior to ordering?
CGW has 3 sizes available.
I didn't measure mine before ordering. My kit came with the .225 roller bearing which happened to be the perfect size when compared to my stock bearing. My stock was .224 and cajun recommends going to the next bigger size which was perfect in my case.

Offline clinttho

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 06:29:36 PM »

If you?re worried about the roller I?d advise calling CGW and asking if it neeeds measured. Can?t hurt and I doubt they?d feel bothered since they?re great and you?re giving them your business.

However,
I?d suggest sandpaper. Either 600/1500/2000 grit or something like this https://www.amazon.com/Sandpaper-Assortment-Automotive-Furniture-Finishing/dp/B01MZALAD9/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1518131655&sr=8-10&keywords=sandpaper+assortment. I bought that assortment and have used it on a 09? model 75,Phantom and a C100.  Money well spent.

Of course a nylon/brass hammer and the right punches for the job if you don?t already have them. And buy an extra ball bearing or cheap spring to have duplicates in case one decides to roll or fly away. A magnetic parts dish helps a lot. I?ll stop there.

I had a P07 and should have kept It. Good luck and have fun!

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 09:51:41 AM »
Just to be clear, is there anything not in the Pro kit that would be recommended for my P-07 that is not included? I'm just an average shooter looking to maximize my pistols capability without compromising reliability. No competitive shooting.

I got the guide rod and new recoil springs as well. You could probably stand to drop the recoil weight a tad if shooting factory ammo.
I got 15 and 18 pound just to test out.

I happened to get the over travel trigger but David at Cajun said it wasn't really needed. He was right. It doesn't make that much of a difference and is probably not worth it.

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 09:55:41 AM »
If you?re worried about the roller I?d advise calling CGW and asking if it neeeds measured. Can?t hurt and I doubt they?d feel bothered since they?re great and you?re giving them your business.

Definitely measure the roller you are replacing before ordering... the new one needs to be the same size or slightly bigger
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 09:57:50 AM »
I got the guide rod and new recoil springs as well. You could probably stand to drop the recoil weight a tad if shooting factory ammo.
I got 15 and 18 pound just to test out.

I happened to get the over travel trigger but David at Cajun said it wasn't really needed. He was right. It doesn't make that much of a difference and is probably not worth it.

I opted for the guide rod and recoil springs in all of mine, as well. I prefer a non-captured recoil spring just in case some tuning is in order.

I run 15# recoil and hammer springs with no reliability issues with factory ammo.
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline TheMO

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2018, 07:43:27 PM »
The pro-kit is top notch and you'll experience a significant improvement with no other changes needed.   Since you're not competing I'd say you'll be happy.

I had CGW install this in a P-09 and the only other thing I changed was the sites.  These changes took the P-09 from a good pistol to an awesome pistol.

anything