Author Topic: Looking for some details on a 1995 Pre B (transitional?) I recently acquired  (Read 2520 times)

Offline myczaccount

About a month ago, I ordered a "fair" condition surplus CZ from Bud's. Since it's a complete toss-up as to what you get with these orders, I was eagerly awaiting the shipment. It arrived shortly at my FFL (where it is still sitting bc NJ takes MONTHS to issue handgun permits...) and he sent some pics and told be it was a 1995 Pre B.

Pic 1:

Pic 2:

There's something different about this one since the trigger guard isn't rounded and the rollamrk is different from the original Pre Bs. Also, the serial is just 4 numbers and a letter.

Does have any more info or details on this? Looks to be a late transitional model. I have searched older threads and google but haven't really found satisfactory results.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 05:53:05 PM by myczaccount »
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
CZ P-10C
Sig Sauer P365 X Macro
Sig Sauer P226 ASE
Smith & Wesson Shield Plus

Offline Earl Keese

Re: Looking for some details on a 1995 Pre B I recently acquired
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 09:29:39 PM »
It's a late transitional model. Most of the features of the B, but without the firing pin block. Best of both worlds.

Offline myczaccount

Re: Looking for some details on a 1995 Pre B I recently acquired
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 09:37:21 PM »
It's a late transitional model. Most of the features of the B, but without the firing pin block. Best of both worlds.

Cool. So what other features does it of the B does it have?
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
CZ P-10C
Sig Sauer P365 X Macro
Sig Sauer P226 ASE

Offline Earl Keese

Most importantly, the pinned front sight. If there isn't a hole in the safety, then that will be the newer style as well.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Oh those transitionals are terrible! Just have your FFL send that straight to my FFL...  O0
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Psyop96

Pretty much what?s been said before about being among the last year of the transitional. Just curious, what is the letter used in the serial no? I think the ?95s ended somewhere F-J. Also, what does the roll mark on the right side of the frame under the slide serrations read as it looks pixelated in the photo? Congrats on the low cost pick up. Let us know how it shoots.

Offline myczaccount

Oh those transitionals are terrible! Just have your FFL send that straight to my FFL...  O0

Haha ya sure of course! I?ll send it right away!

Pretty much what?s been said before about being among the last year of the transitional. Just curious, what is the letter used in the serial no? I think the ?95s ended somewhere F-J. Also, what does the roll mark on the right side of the frame under the slide serrations read as it looks pixelated in the photo? Congrats on the low cost pick up. Let us know how it shoots.

Thanks I look forward to shooting it!

The last letter in my pic looks to be a C actually. Also, I believe that roll mark is the inter arms import mark but these are the only pics I have so it?s just as pixelated for me! I can confirm everything when I pick it up in another few weeks (thanks NJ).

Looking forward to refinishing it too!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 05:53:51 PM by myczaccount »
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
CZ P-10C
Sig Sauer P365 X Macro
Sig Sauer P226 ASE

Offline Lowflyin

Hey new to the forum , actually joined because tapatalk recommending this post to me. Looks like the same model I got from buds, 1995 as well.
Shoots amazing

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Offline myczaccount

Hey new to the forum , actually joined because tapatalk recommending this post to me. Looks like the same model I got from buds, 1995 as well.
Shoots amazing

Welcome!! Nice twin 95?! Don?t be shy, say hello here: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?board=58.0

Great to have you
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
CZ P-10C
Sig Sauer P365 X Macro
Sig Sauer P226 ASE

Offline Lowflyin

Shoots amazing

Welcome!! Nice twin 95?! Don?t be shy, say hello here: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?board=58.0

Great to have you
Thanks! I went ahead and made a post over there.

Offline Psyop96

Shoots amazing

Are my eyes deceiving me or does that trigger position towards the rear should also show the hammer in the fully cocked position?

Offline Lowflyin

Shoots amazing

Are my eyes deceiving me or does that trigger position towards the rear should also show the hammer in the fully cocked position?
Oh boy did it need a cleaning when it came in.. That was straight from the box but yes you're correct . I disammebled most of it and cleaned it real well.

Offline Lowflyin

Here is a clearer pic after it was cleaned.

Offline Psyop96

Looking for some details on a 1995 Pre B (transitional?) I recently acquired
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2018, 05:22:08 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up, Lowflyin! It?s late where I?m at and I wasn?t sure what I was looking at. Great to see some of these last of breed and to hear they are great shooters in spite of being cosmetically and hygienically challenged

Also, would you mind telling what is the letter at the end of the serial no on your pistol?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 05:24:07 PM by Psyop96 »

Offline Lowflyin

Thanks for clearing that up, Lowflyin! It?s late where I?m at and I wasn?t sure what I was looking at. Great to see some of these last of breed and to hear they are great shooters in spite of being cosmetically and hygienically challenged

Also, would you mind telling what is the letter at the end of the serial no on your pistol?
Letter "c"

anything