Author Topic: Anyone convert an 805?  (Read 1286 times)

Offline rcpd34

Anyone convert an 805?
« on: January 03, 2018, 08:54:06 PM »
I'm an SOT and am looking at getting a pistol version and converting it.  Anyone here done it before?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: Anyone convert an 805?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 12:08:47 AM »
Converting it to what? SBR? Sure, you can get the paperwork from ATFE and send it in to register it as an SBR, very popular for that. Some like the various pistol braces available and go that route. I found the Gear Head Works Tailhook to be one of the easiest to use Braces yet, with the folding support arm it has.
If you are talking about converting it to a Dealer Sample select fire as an SOT FFL, no, I don't remember seeing any SOT FFLs who have posted anything about doing that here. I know the select fire version is available through CZ-USA, and is comes in an 11" barrel version, which is the exact same length as the semi-auto civilian legal pistol. It would seem to me to possibly be far more headache than worth it, with the same thing being available to those who are legally able to purchase it now.

Offline CZBren805

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 12:37:48 AM »
How about converting calibers? 

Is it thought to be extinct only to be re-discovered like the ancient Coelacanth or is it a myth more like the Lock Ness Monster that is eventually exposed as a hoax?

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 01:13:00 AM »
originally we expected caliber conversions to be available, but with the Czech military switching to the BREN 2, that might not happen, don't know. It would be nice if we could swap to 7.62x39mm or 300 Blackout, or even 6.5 Grendel, but lacking the extreme flexibility of the AR caliber swap game, that might not work very well. I am not a gunsmith and don't play one on TV, so I don't know.