Author Topic: I have a 1993 Transitional SN r49xx, and the safety lever moves fore/aft  (Read 317 times)

Offline Marauderx

I got one of the last of the Budsgunshop.com surplus Pre-B CZ75's, and I received a transitional from 1993,  and the safety noticably moves fore and aft when pulling the trigger. Watching it with the slide removed, the sear cage is rotating slightly, pivoting around the right side,  and has caused uneven wear on the sear. Do the safeties wear, or the frame? Are there machine drawings available so I can measure my parts and pieces? Or has tolerance stacking found another victim?  Thank you, Maruaderx

Offline Marauderx

I installed a B sear cage, safety (detentless, of course), and the whole upper from a B on the transitional, and it is all very tight. Where can I get a Safety lever? will a Tanfoglio TA90 safety work?

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Re: I have a 1993 Transitional SN r49xx, and the safety lever moves fore/aft
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 01:38:14 AM »
Do you have any pics of the safety lever? My 1987 CZ 75 has a pretty lose sear cage and the safety moves too. I pinned the sear cage and that helped, but didn't solve the problem. Not sure about the B sear cage and getting it to work. Interested to hear from others.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Marauderx

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 12:07:59 AM »
Do you have any pics of the safety lever? My 1987 CZ 75 has a pretty lose sear cage and the safety moves too. I pinned the sear cage and that helped, but didn't solve the problem. Not sure about the B sear cage and getting it to work. Interested to hear from others.

No, I don't, and I am realizing they are rare as hens' teeth. I am going to pull out the "B" Firing Pin Block Lever, and install a spacer/washer in it's place. The cage I got was a good fit, and the "B" safety is a really good fit, but alas, no detent. What kind of pics do you want, general condition, caliper shots? It has some shiny spots, but no heavy, obvious, uneven wear

Offline copemech

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 12:20:34 AM »
the sear cages float on safety models. they can be shimmed or pinned, but it is a very normal thing and does not prevent the gun from working as designed.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 01:44:25 AM »

No, I don't, and I am realizing they are rare as hens' teeth. I am going to pull out the "B" Firing Pin Block Lever, and install a spacer/washer in it's place. The cage I got was a good fit, and the "B" safety is a really good fit, but alas, no detent. What kind of pics do you want, general condition, caliper shots? It has some shiny spots, but no heavy, obvious, uneven wear

Just some pics of the side of the frame with the safety lever and everything installed. A pic looking down into the frame showing the sear cage and all it's components. One of the slide wouldn't hurt. I'm mostly trying to see what safety lever it is and what is going on in the sear cage. I am pretty certain, but I just want to be sure before I give any advice.

the sear cages float on safety models. they can be shimmed or pinned, but it is a very normal thing and does not prevent the gun from working as designed.

^^^^^^^^^ Yes!! This helps a great deal and isn't a bad modification to do. Worth doing on all your CZ's. Some don't end up benefiting, but the safety lever doesn't have to visibly be moving to gain the benefits.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Marauderx

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 12:30:03 AM »
I have not seen one pinned, I would guess that disassembly would be greatly hampered. I took pics of the safety and the cage, out of the frame, and the safety has a noticeable amount of wear on the rear of the left side,and the rear of the sear cage is slightly tapered due to wear.