Author Topic: CZ's in California?  (Read 1467 times)

Offline cyberfish2

• S.O.B.'s (Seniors on Bikes)VRSCSE V-Rod '05
CZ's in California?
« on: January 04, 2018, 12:35:32 PM »
Yup, by some miracle, most of them are still on the CalDOJ roster of handguns for sale, albeit with 10 round mags.
I guess now if I want to buy ammo, I have to go to a certified reseller; just another irritation for legal gun owners.
Anyway, Happy New Year, shoot straight, practice often...
CZ-83, CZ-75D PCR, finally, a CZ Rami 9mm
Sure, I'd like to be young again, if it didn't come with such a big dose of stupid.

Offline snakeye

Re: CZ's in California?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 07:29:55 PM »
I think if I lived in CA now I would be planning some weekend getaways and vacations with my car and visit neighboring states for an ammo run.

Offline knittle

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 08:34:23 PM »
Just one reason I no longer live there. 8) It just keeps getting worse there.

Offline copemech

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 11:48:44 PM »
they should revolt! O0

Offline matty76

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 12:12:16 AM »
I live in CA and I feel very fortunate to be able to get an SP-01, although I had to pay a premium for it. As many in this forum have said... it's well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chicane

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 01:02:27 PM »
I live in CA and I feel very fortunate to be able to get an SP-01, although I had to pay a premium for it. As many in this forum have said... it's well worth it.

Why are you paying a premium for a stock SP-01?

Offline matty76

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 01:04:35 PM »

I just meant it costs more here than outside CA

Offline t107

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 02:51:38 PM »
CA Should Be another Country Separate from USA !!

Offline Ruber

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 03:15:57 PM »

You need to pay the extra fees and taxes, but the gun should cost the same as it does in Arizona or Texas.

Offline matty76

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 03:21:44 PM »

You need to pay the extra fees and taxes, but the gun should cost the same as it does in Arizona or Texas.
So MSRP is $680. The store sold it at $750 and after taxes and fees, it came up to $850. I have no idea what the cost is in Arizona or Texas, but when I first got the gun, I posted on this forum to ask if I had paid more than what it typically costs. Quite a few responded yes but worth it. So that's what I based it off of.

Offline Ruber

CZ's in California?
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 07:22:02 PM »

So MSRP is $680. The store sold it at $750 and after taxes and fees, it came up to $850. I have no idea what the cost is in Arizona or Texas, but when I first got the gun, I posted on this forum to ask if I had paid more than what it typically costs. Quite a few responded yes but worth it. So that's what I based it off of.

There may be a convenience or gotta have it now factor in there too.  Shopping around in San Diego, $50-80 below msrp is good, in December I saw them for $599 ($682 out the door), but now I am seeing people advertising simply that they have them in stock for msrp.

At $750, it would be well worth checking with Bud?s.  I got mine when they had them at $599, and they were fine to deal with, but I see they are out of stock right now.

I think the more we put up with the CA price gouging, the worse its going to get.

The ?California Premium? typically applies more to out of production and off roster guns.

But ya, for gotta have it now, you did pretty good.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:41:41 PM by Ruber »

Offline Ruber

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2018, 08:21:23 PM »
Yup, by some miracle, most of them are still on the CalDOJ roster of handguns for sale, albeit with 10 round mags. ...
Yep!  CZ USA has been pretty good to CA.

The walmarts and k marts by me didn?t sell ammo anyways, so I guess I?ll never know what I missed out on.

Offline Lbj1891

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2018, 07:52:08 PM »
Agreed. the first thing i checked the roster for was CZs. My lgs usually has a few in stock at any given time. I was even able to snag a SA before the year ended.