Author Topic: White Nitride on a Shadow 2?  (Read 859 times)

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
Re: White Nitride on a Shadow 2?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2018, 10:29:28 AM »
How hard is it to order a specific finish on a gun from the factory? At first blush it seems it would be easier (maybe not cheaper) to just get an S2 and refinish it stateside but I’ve never explored or researched options.

Just my guess but I think that would be nearly impossible - you'd have much better luck finding someone stateside to refinish your slide.

Do keep up posted on what you find... I'd love to get an FDe P-09 and have this done if it isn't ridiculously pricey.
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline sdlrodeo

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2018, 11:34:30 AM »
I’m not really huge into “coloring” my guns. And right now I don’t have a host gun that I’m willing to get treated. If I do it, it may be a while. I did cerakote one of my SP01 Shadows hoping it might tighten up the slide frame fit ever so slightly. It helped by about .003. Yeah I have a cool looking gun But it still shoots the same.

I was honestly hoping it was going to be a possibility to get one already done from the factory or maybe CZC or CGW. I think an S2 would be pretty sweet in all white nitride.

So long story short, I won’t be sending one off anytime soon but if someone sells a complete firearm already done, I might be swayed.

Offline Mifune326

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2018, 02:43:48 PM »
If you can’t get the white nitride done, there’s always hardchroming.