Author Topic: Weapon Light for SP01 Compact  (Read 4518 times)

Offline krehmkej

Weapon Light for SP01 Compact
« on: January 08, 2018, 07:48:30 PM »
I have one of those nice all steel SP-01s with the light rail.
Would like to find a quality compact light that doesn't extend past the muzzle.
Any recommendations?

thanks.
-jwk-

Offline nickshawn

Re: Weapon Light for SP01 Compact
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 03:13:54 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 04:22:42 PM »
Nick, you keep posting pictures of the Olight and you're going to be responsible for making me buy one.

I've got a TLR 3 on my P01 - but it sticks out past the frame/slide (urban gray P01 so the muzzle is still out past the light/lens just a little) but on an SP01 Compact the TLR 3 would be out past the muzzle.

I've got Olights on a couple/three AR 15's and I've never had any issues with them.  Bought a couple more for road trips/lighting up the back yard to the woods when the dogs are doing their best to convince me to get out of bed at 3 AM.  That pistol light would probably be a good one, too.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline longgonedaddy

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 04:30:22 PM »
Way too long for your desires...but it's a great light for when things go bump in the night...just wanted to post a pic.  : )

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 07:00:18 PM by longgonedaddy »

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 05:23:21 PM »
Nick, you keep posting pictures of the Olight and you're going to be responsible for making me buy one.

I've got a TLR 3 on my P01 - but it sticks out past the frame/slide (urban gray P01 so the muzzle is still out past the light/lens just a little) but on an SP01 Compact the TLR 3 would be out past the muzzle.

I've got Olights on a couple/three AR 15's and I've never had any issues with them.  Bought a couple more for road trips/lighting up the back yard to the woods when the dogs are doing their best to convince me to get out of bed at 3 AM.  That pistol light would probably be a good one, too.

My bad  O0

This is the only real light that I've been pleased with the looks when mounted, should be second to function but...

So far a couple hundred rounds through a couple of guns with the Olight on and no issues to report.

I have 5-6 of their flashlights, good, quality items.

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 06:19:00 PM »

My bad  O0

This is the only real light that I've been pleased with the looks when mounted, should be second to function but...

So far a couple hundred rounds through a couple of guns with the Olight on and no issues to report.

I have 5-6 of their flashlights, good, quality items.

Darn your hide.  That little grinning devil emoji got to me.

I just ordered one.  Had almost $30 in credit (battery core charge for the big Jeep battery I had to buy a couple weeks back) with paypal so I went to the Olight web site and ordered one.  With the free shipping and the credit it "feels" like it's only costing me less than $60.

They claim delivery withint 2 to 4 days or ordering so I should get it by the end of the week, but even if it's early next week that's okay, too.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 07:19:08 PM »
If you decide you don't like it I'll give you $60 for it  ;D

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 08:09:03 PM »
chuckle, chuckle, chuckle,chuckle

or

something close.

Offline scottyboy

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 08:03:33 PM »
What model of olight is that?  Thanks

Offline Mccian

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2018, 08:07:56 PM »
I really like that.....
“Life doesn’t have to be perfect......to be good”

CZ 75 Omega Convertible
CZ P01 Compact Steel SKU#99041
CZ “CWC” Edition
CZ P-10C FDE...shared
Other......M&P Shield .45, Browning Buckmark .22 (wife’s, but I have to clean it)

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 08:26:51 PM »
It's the Olight mini valkyrie

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 10:04:29 PM »
I ordered mine yesterday, straight from Olight, got a shipping e-mail today.  We'll see.

Offline Uriel67

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 04:40:37 PM »
What grips are these? Very nice!

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 05:44:30 PM »
LOK bogies. Looks like this now.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:03:34 PM by nickshawn »

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 09:21:31 AM »
Well, it appears they use USPS to ship the lights.  In spite of what they say on their web site of a 2 to 4 day wait from ordering to delivery, they ain't gonna make it using USPS.

It took the USPS over 48 hours to get the tiny little light from their facility at Marietta, GA to their facility at Atlanta, GA.  They promise delivery by next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Oh well, it was "free."

As for the QD lever on the light, I guess that makes it easy to detach the light, lay it on the counter top and plug it in to recharge vs. laying the pistol with attached light on the counter top to recharge the battery.  The boys are grown up/moved out but I still prefer to keep the pistols out of sight.

anything