Author Topic: Sig announces a new micro compact double stack - the P365  (Read 1550 times)

Offline myczaccount

Re: Sig announces a new micro compact double stack - the P365
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 11:45:05 AM »
To get on Sig's mailing list go to their web page and look down at the bottom right of the page. There is a little image of an envelope that says get updates, you can get on their mailing list there.

Thanks!! This worked. Not sure why I was unable to figure that out lol
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Compact (steel/railed, SKU: 99021)
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
Sig Sauer P226 ASE
HK VP9 Tactical

Offline Mike Russell

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 11:56:08 AM »
Look for reviews. I have already seen reports of many failures to return to battery while shooting.

Also in that same review, they said it was due to temperatures and improper lube which was causing drag on the slide. They said the next day, in warmer temps indoors and after the guns were cleaned and had a thinner lubricant used, the gun ran flawlessly.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 11:56:50 AM »
I will say this about Sig; I believe they WILL take care of any issues 110%.
I bought a couple of Sig 290rs that had some trigger issues right out of the box. These were $400 guns; not top-of-line.They picked 'em up; sent 'em to their custom shop and not only fixed the triggers but also smoothed the action. Returned 'em pronto all N/C.  100% since after 1000's of rounds. They went the 'extra mile' without a question.  CZ is also coming around too. A customer 'issue' is an opportunity to build Brand trust and loyalty if handled correctly. I just bought another $1,500 Sig, Ohh, and another CZ P-07 SR too...GEN 2  ;)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 12:14:28 PM by Vinny »
"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline myczaccount

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:50:11 PM by myczaccount »
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
Sig Sauer P226 ASE
HK VP9 Tactical

Offline twowheels

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2018, 05:04:16 PM »
Looks nice.  However, I'm pretty happy with my shield, which shoots real nice with the few apex parts I put in it.  And, its been 100% reliable.  If I want more power, I can carry my guardian .45.  If I want more capacity, I can carry my P 01 omega.  Or my sphinx subcompact.  Or....

But the sig looks like a nice piece.

Offline 0119

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2018, 05:21:03 PM »
A customer 'issue' is an opportunity to build Brand trust and loyalty

I'd been issued, carried and solely owned just Sig's since 1985.  My M11-a1 came with a over 14# DA trigger pull, pits in the frames slide rail and 3 Checkmate mags that still refuse to take a full load even though they have been sitting full minus one for 6 months.  Sig's love and concern for my 30 years of loyalty was to laugh out loud at me on the phone and tell me to dry fire it in DA at least 500 times.  No concern or explanation for the rail and the mags 'will get there'.  To make room for this new plastic nerf gun they discontinued the P239.  Parts and mags dried up in a couple of days and C.S. has confirmed that they have no intention to provide any more stock of springs, parts etc. now that they are gone.   Just like he did at Kimber, Cohen has not built trust nor loyalty, just destroyed it.  But hey, what am I, I'm not in the right demographic, no skinny metro jeans, poke in the crotch holster or muslim-ish beard.  My money means nothing.....

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2018, 06:39:38 PM »
Wow, sounds like HKs 'We hate you" thing. Only SIG I really liked was the P220, great 45ACp, would have bought one if I could, but the brand name jacks the price up.
I like the looks of the little SIG, and can only hope the CZ P-10S will debut at SHOT 2018.
We'll see what happens.

Offline The Conservative

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2018, 06:48:58 PM »
For the most part I have decided I am not a striker guy, but on a gun this small it doesn't matter much to me.  If the trigger is decent on this I may have to seriously look at this.
“The projectiles need to go where they will make the guy leak the quickest.  Your goal is to depressurize the circulatory system – let air in, let fluid out. Bonus points for any other disruptions, but don’t count on them.”   Pat Rogers

Offline Vinny

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2018, 07:53:39 PM »
Sorry to hear about your sour experiences with Sig. Perhaps I was lucky, but I struck up a conversation with the CS guy and wrote them a detailed report when I sent in the guns so they could duplicate my issues. I made it too hard for the custom shop to simply say "Uhh, we can't find anything wrong with these guns. Duh"  Having personally run a factory in my younger days; I think for the most part employees want to take pride in their work; if they're enabled by management. I guess we'll see but I did take the time to write the CS guy a Thank You note and confirmation that his good service resulted in more sales from me; knowing it would probably get passed upwards to management. The CS guy was appreciative. Hopefully management cares.

Sub-Compact DA/SA decocker single-stacks are few and far between. If you've sorted the issues with your P239 and it's working for you; now that it was disco'd maybe this is the time to scour the internet and buy up spare parts at liquidation price.

I got a good used  'spare' 290rs with 6 mags for cheap $.  Seems a lot of folks want the latest and greatest. That's good. They can Beta test for me.   ::)
"Carpe Diem"

Offline myczaccount

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2018, 08:05:55 PM »
For what it's worth, I had an great experience with Sig CS when I had to send in the frame of my new P226 for re-beadblasting. Super quick turn around and they did an excellent job.
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
Sig Sauer P226 ASE
HK VP9 Tactical

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2018, 10:54:42 PM »
Just for the sake of grins and giggles, I compared the new SIG to the hoary old RAMI BD.

Overall length     SIG, 5.8 inches, RAMI 6.5 inches
Overall width      SIG, 1.0 inches, RAMI 1.25 inches
Height                SIG, 4.3 inches, RAMI 4.7 inches
Weight                SIG 17.8 ounces, RAMI 26 ounces.

That alloy vs poly frame really kicked in there.

The SIG has $50 mags and the RAMI can use any CZ75 magazine made, including the 23 round extended full auto one. Looks stupid, but it can use it. ;) The 14 round mag REALLY helps with that short frame.

Now the next illogical comparison, the SIG to the unicorn of unicorns, the CZ P-10S

OAL   SIG 148mm, P-10S, 168mm
OAW  SIG 27mm, P-10S, 32mm
HT     SIG 109mm, P-10S 116mm
WT    SIG 500gr, P-10S 725 grams.
Same operating system, and I am ASSUMING night sights standard o the S model, (When WILL we find this unicorn?), but the difference is the S model has a 12 round mag, not ten.

For those who want the English conversions, the S model is .78 inches longer, .2 inches wider, .27 inches taller, and almost 8 ounces heavier, which is comparable to a little over half a can soda, not counting can. :)

Now I would hazard a bet the P-10S will be a bit cheaper, and the magazines also a bit cheaper, but GETTING it here is the first real hazard. :)
In the meantime, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't mind putting a few rounds through that SIG and seeing what it's like.

Edit to add that i did the comparison stuff for grins and giggle, not to disparage SIG. I would still love a P-220 some day, just to have it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 10:57:21 PM by armoredman »

Offline twowheels

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2018, 10:56:34 PM »
My sig 938 was one of the worst firearms I ever owned.  I do like very much my german 228, 220 and 226r triple serial number as well as my 239.  They are all fine weapons. 

Offline eastman

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2018, 07:31:29 PM »
I'm going to have to wait for a local "SIG-day" to play with one of these. I doubt it will displace my LC9sPro.

Of course, I am really waiting for a "SIG-day" where they have a P210 to try.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2018, 08:30:14 PM »
I too think my 9mm Sig 239 is a remarkably fine pistol.  Failure free, shoots straight and has the optional 10 Rd mag. (std mag is 7 Rd.)  It's my edc.
I've shot all the original Sig P-series pistols including the bbl swap caliber optional ones.  All were good shooters. Sig 357 is a flat shooting zinger with expensive ammo.
  The SIG 239 is NOT light,  but hides ITW okay .
Sig is pricey,  but Sig pistols are TOUGH and reliable.

Do I own 2 or more SIG's?...No.   Do I plan to?   No. 

Would I buy a single stack hammered CZ version this size or smaller
.. Yes.😃

Offline Vinny

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2018, 08:53:01 PM »
+1 for a CZ DA/SA micro.
+1 for hammer vs. striker.

I like my RAMI BD, but it is a little chunky guy. I shoot the 10 round mag with my pinkie underneath the mag as good if not better than the extended 14.
But just too plump and heavy for me to pocket carry like my micro Sig 290rs which disappears comfortably in a Desantis pocket holster.

Apparently, the secret to getting more rounds into the 365, yet having an OA width at only 1" is a tapered shape to the magazine. Narrower at the top.  Seems clever if it feeds reliably.

Looking forward to actually see and hold one at my LGS.
"Carpe Diem"

anything