Author Topic: Shadow Compact in Stock!!  (Read 19434 times)

Offline twowheels

Re: Shadow Compact in Stock!!
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2018, 09:36:10 AM »
I wonder if these are going to disappear as quickly as they appeared.

Offline afultz075

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 11:16:31 AM »
I wonder if these are going to disappear as quickly as they appeared.

In the 5 years i've been buying/collecting CZs any limited run model doesn't seem to stay in stock for very long, and can then get crazy expensive on the secondary market. i'm not sure how many of these they got in but I would not wait to buy.

Offline Bossgobbler

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2018, 05:05:55 PM »
Ordered on Tuesday but It will be 8-10 weeks for mine to get here. :'( having it milled for a dot and the trigger worked over. ;D

Offline Trey83

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2018, 07:16:24 PM »
How does the Shadow Line compact compare to the Compact L that came out a while back?

I would love for Stuart's opinion but am open to anyone else that has insight.

Offline Shadow knows

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2018, 09:52:35 PM »
Mine is also in route.  Should be here early next week.

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2018, 10:37:47 PM »
I'm a little confused as to what this model actually is.

It's a P01 with a safety instead of a decocker. Is that essentially the difference?

Then some small stuff
sights
85C combat trigger
metal guide rod
removed firing pin block (or is it not even manufactured with a space for the FPB?

I'm trying to figure out where the roughly $500 upcharge is on this.
The 99021 and 99041 weren't more expensive than your standard CZ.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2018, 01:05:59 AM »
I'm a little confused as to what this model actually is.

It's a P01 with a safety instead of a decocker. Is that essentially the difference?

Then some small stuff
sights
85C combat trigger
metal guide rod
removed firing pin block (or is it not even manufactured with a space for the FPB?

I'm trying to figure out where the roughly $500 upcharge is on this.
The 99021 and 99041 weren't more expensive than your standard CZ.

You're pretty much correct. This is a P-01 turned into a Shadow model. Nicer grips, nicer hammer, no firing pin block system and the slide will not be able to accept one. I haven't handled one, so I'm not sure how much more refinement these come with... But I've read great things! If you don't mind the weight of the steel than 99041 and 99021 can be tuned to match, at least I assume.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Kublah

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2018, 11:23:44 AM »
I have mine in hand. Its nice. I really want to buy a second.

I do prefer the larger safety of my standard CZ 75 Compact (steel frame no rail) Which also has a more curved trigger, I forget which it is. I believe it also has a lighter main spring (well, hell it has a full trigger job from CZCustom) Also the aluminum grips on the CZ 75 Shadow Compact are a bit too sharp on the butt end so I traded out the grips.

The break on the single action (4lb) CZ 75 Shadow Compact has the ever so slightest creep, but I have not messed with it yet. It looks like its adjustable but I want to shoot it before I touch anything. Due to the standard weight mainspring, the 11.5lb double action is indeed a bit heavy but its very manageable, it certainly does not feel like 11.5 to me, maybe 7.5. Then again, the 4lb feels like 3 to me. It could be that I am so excited I just cant tell.

I believe I will change the safety (go larger, but I'm used to my other CZs), mainspring, sights and maybe find some nice coco' grips and its perfect.
I will be shooting it later today and will try to give a good amateur review. I still have a little bit of the butterfly feeling, I cant believe I actually got one.

Thank you Stuart!

Offline Mick-S

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2018, 01:44:28 PM »
Do these have an aluminum or steel frame?

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2018, 02:36:34 PM »

Offline Kublah

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2018, 06:14:08 PM »
Alright so my wife and I took the compact shadow out for 200 rounds and it was amazing. When we had finished my wife looked at me and said if we could have just one, it would be that one. When we shot it, actually took us a mag or two just to get used to it and then our groups quickly tightened up. I would comment on accuracy but I know the gun can easily out shoot both of us. The weight and recoil were very nice. The trigger is almost to light and too little on the travel.

What I really mean to say is, it was terrible. Do not buy this gun...cause it needs to stay in stock until we can buy a second. Then you can feel free to buy it, you will not regret it.

Offline dbarn

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2018, 09:22:37 PM »
The slide stop appears to be of the PCR variety.

Looking at the picture I'm curious if they shortened the stem that normally protrudes on the right side, especially with the indention as found on the P-01.

While an improvement over the normal stepped extended version, it would be nice to see CZ come out with a flatter type like that on the RAMI. This could be used on the P-01, PCR, and perhaps the Phantom.

Offline Trey83

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2018, 10:10:37 PM »
Mine will be on it's way after getting some additional love from CZC.

Does anyone know how many of these are floating around. Not that it makes a big difference, I just like to know how many of a certain model were imported/produced.

Offline Kublah

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2018, 10:40:50 PM »
The slide stop appears to be exactly the same as my CZ 75 compact SA/DA steel frame (91190)

Offline Ferris13

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2018, 08:18:38 PM »
Anyone planning on carrying these?  Would really only consider purchasing if it could fit a carry role but haven?t carried a gun without a FPB.  Is the main concern that the gun could discharge if dropped on muzzle?