Author Topic: New Steel Compact & CZ-75 Single Action  (Read 803 times)

Offline billt

New Steel Compact & CZ-75 Single Action
« on: January 13, 2018, 08:23:14 AM »
I finally got to the range Wednesday with the CZ-75 Single Action I bought a couple of weeks ago. The gun ran flawlessly on 3 different types of ammo. 115 Gr. Blazer Brass. 115 Gr. Fiocchi. And 124 Gr. Federal American Eagle. All total I ran a little over 250 rounds through it without a single issue. Both the Mec-Gar "+2", 19 round magazines I brought with it fed perfectly, and both held the slide back after the last round.

The gun printed dead on with a slight 6 O'clock hold at 25 yards off a supported rest. The single action trigger was very crisp, with almost non existent creep. I don't have a trigger gauge, but I would guess the let off to be around 5 pounds. So overall I couldn't have asked more of it. I did run 2 magazines full of Federal 9 BPLE +P+ through it. And it digested all 38 rounds without issue. Recoil was barely noticeable with the all steel CZ.

After I got home and got it cleaned up, I checked my E-Mail and found that Davidson's has got some steel framed CZ-75 Compact's in. So I immediately ordered one. The CZ Compacts are hard to come by. Especially in the steel framed models. I picked it up yesterday morning, and before I got it home I headed out to the CZ Custom Shop in Mesa for a set of Cocobolo grips, along with some Stainless Hex grip screws. I can't stand the cheap plastic / rubber grips they ship these guns with. Anyway it looks a lot better as you can see.

I'm going to order some Mec-Gar 16 round magazines from Greg Cote to go with the 2, 14 rounders they ship with the gun. They have a thicker base plate that really looks good when they are installed. And it's nice to have a full 16 rounds in a compact model. So now I'm hoping to get it to the range this coming Monday. Here are both the full size Single Action, as well as the Compact. The CZ adventure continues.

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
Re: New Steel Compact & CZ-75 Single Action
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 09:25:47 AM »
The rubber base plates for your stock 14 rd mags makes them oh so more useful. Gives a nice sticky pinky hook.

anything