Author Topic: TFX Pro Sights in 3 different lights  (Read 936 times)

Offline Vinny

TFX Pro Sights in 3 different lights
« on: January 10, 2018, 12:04:54 PM »
I've been trying to improve the sights on my defensive compact pistols to assist my aging eyes. I really like RDS on my larger pistols, but not ready for prime time yet.
So, I added TFX PRO's # TG13CZ1PC to my P-01 and I'm very pleased with results. These are both Fiber Optic and Tritium and fit any CZ 75. Had to do a little filing on rear sight, but otherwise an easy DIY. A quick range test confirmed the POA-POI sight picture works accurately for me.

For anyone interested in these, thought I'd show how they look in three different light levels. A little hard to hold the camera and pistol to snap image, but here you go. -Vinny
Bright:

Medium:

Dark:

YMMV
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:12:25 PM by Vinny »
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline krapzed

Re: TFX Pro Sights in 3 different lights
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 10:39:31 AM »
Pardon my ignorance, but how did the front sight changed colors from orange to red to green?

Offline Vinny

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 12:59:12 PM »
That's actually a great question if you're not familiar with the TFX Pro sights. They are both Fiber Optic and Tritium night sights. There's an orange ring around the front sight to help you acquire and place the front on target quicker.

In darkness, you see only the green tritium glow front and rear.

In medium light, you see the green rear sights getting brighter from the addition of fiber optic light; and also the front sight is starting to get brighter and you begin to see the orange ring around the center point.

In bright ambient light, the front fiber optic really kicks in and glows brightly, ditto for rear.

I hope this info helps.
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Chicago Dude

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 01:04:27 PM »
Great post and thanks for explaining how it works.