Author Topic: A new member of the family  (Read 671 times)

Offline RPN

A new member of the family
« on: January 11, 2018, 10:57:13 AM »
Got a 9mm to go with the big brother...

Interesting to not some differences...heavier trigger, not as smooth as my 45 and it's tighter too.  Needs a little more TLC too..I cleaned it and lubed it like the 45 and looks like it needed more...slide wasn't locking back.   I've had a grand total of zero malfunctions with the 45 in the last year.

The pistol is so accurate and unforgiving...there should be a quarter size group here...but every little mistake the pistol says "C'mon, do better than that!"  Still pretty good for me though.

I hadn't shot my PCR in awhile and thought I would run a few through it.  Pretty good too (for me)!  Makes me think I chase accuracy too much at times...

The DW's are such beautiful firearms.  I look forward to learning the ins and outs of this.  It's such a pleasure to shoot.

Online tgoldie00

Re: A new member of the family
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 10:36:07 PM »
An excellent acquisition! I have a pair of Valkyries and love going back and forth with them from .45 to 9mm.  They are just to smooth and they shoot SO well.

Congrats on the matched pair and safe shooting!

Offline cremaley

• Retired but not forgotten
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 01:41:24 PM »
Very nice, thanks for sharing.
CZ 10-PC 9mm (HBI Trigger, CGW Striker 3lb spring, GGI Stainless Guide Rod 15lb spring)
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Sig Sauer P320 X Carry 9mm
Springfield 911 .380
"Remember the first rule of gunfighting...have a gun"-Jeff Cooper

Offline RPN

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 05:03:49 PM »
Thank you!

I'll update this and note it's breaking in nicely.  About the last 100 rounds have been problem free, slides locking back with every magazine and it feels smoother.  It has needed more love than the 45 breaking in and I plan on running some hollow points through it in another 100-150 rounds and see how it does.

In other news, was at my LGS yesterday plotting my P10c buy and handled a Guardian...oh mama...a thing of beauty.   :o