Author Topic: Trigger problem with 75 P-01  (Read 1112 times)

Offline stev32k

Trigger problem with 75 P-01
« on: March 02, 2018, 08:40:46 AM »
I?m a long term CZ fan boy and own six of them now.  My newest is a CZ 75-P01.  The gun fells like it was custom made just for me.  Don?t believe I?ve ever held another gun that felt so good when I pick it up. The grip angle, pointing, weight, and balance are perfect for me.  But I am having a large problem with the recurve trigger.  CZ calls it trigger bite I call it trigger terrible.  I can only fire three shots and then I have to quit or put on a heavy glove or the trigger digs into my finger like it is tearing it apart and is very pain full. 

As I said I own 5 other CZs and none of them give me this problem.  All the other triggers are recurved like the P-01 and I can?t see what would be causing the problem with just this one.  I?ve done some research and others do the problem but it is not common.  CZ says to send it in and they will replace the trigger, but I don?t really want to spend the extra money until I have some confidence that would work and I don?t think I should have to spend extra in the first place.

Anybody else have this problem and find a fix?   
You are only young once, but you can be immature as long as you like.

Offline Meechy7648

Re: Trigger problem with 75 P-01
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 08:59:36 AM »
I had that problem. I have long, thick fingers and that trigger doesn't work for me. I've switched it out on every pistol I have that feels like that. The 85C trigger works much better for me. I think you'll be happy if they switch it out - or order the trigger and do it yourself, if you're so inclined.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 05:36:39 PM by Meechy7648 »

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 10:55:47 AM »
My PCR (same as P-01) no rail came with the recurve serrated trigger and would sting and poke a hole in my finger by the end of the 2nd mag. I replaced that trigger with a smooth thick style trigger and haven't had a problem since. I can run 400 rnds through the gun in a session with no discomfort.

Offline Peacetilence

• CZ 75B, PCR, 97BD and Scorpion EVO3. Fun :)
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 04:59:02 PM »
I use this trigger in my CZ's. Takes care of the problem :)

Offline h8louzn

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 12:08:54 AM »
I use this trigger in my CZ's. Takes care of the problem :)

I use the same trigger in my pcr as well and it works great!

Offline CZ Dawg

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 12:31:36 AM »
What kind of "bite" are you getting? I have a PCR, and the top right corner sliced up my finger the first time out with it. I have to consciously keep my finger lower on the trigger or, like this morning, wrap a band aid around my finger before shooting.

Offline Jiva

• I came for the pistols and stayed for the rifles
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 08:50:00 AM »
What kind of "bite" are you getting? I have a PCR, and the top right corner sliced up my finger the first time out with it. I have to consciously keep my finger lower on the trigger or, like this morning, wrap a band aid around my finger before shooting.

"Band-aid brothers in arms" lol, I too used to wear one but, after several hundred rounds, I didn't seem to need it anymore.
75 P-01 Compact 99041
75 D PCR Compact
75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
612 HD
452 2E ZKM Lux .22LR
452 2E ZKM Classic .22LR
452 2E ZKM Varmint .22LR

anything