Author Topic: Grip size selection  (Read 185 times)

Offline Litshoot

Grip size selection
« on: January 12, 2018, 04:18:27 PM »
Is there a way to know which grip size is right other than trial and error. I'm not a very good shooter, but trying to get better. I have a p07 with medium grip and a p09 small grip. Is there any way to know which grip size is right outside trial and error for group size and recoil management.

I went to first range trip and everything I shot centered about an inch to the left of the bull at 5yds and 1 1/2 at 7yds (roughly) I try moving my finger on the trigger woth no real change. In point of impact, this was with 3 different guns.  Any tips for either

Seth

Offline oldfrank

Re: Grip size selection
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 04:30:07 PM »
I use the different grip sizes to not see how they feel but instead to see how they make the gun naturally point and shoot.

At home I try different grip sizes and with my eyes closed I bring the gun up, point it at a target and then open my eyes to see what the gun looks like. I have smaller hands but sometimes with a bigger grip I find the gun level and sights aligned on target when I open my eyes.

I then go to the range and be sure the grip size picked works well as far as allowing me to pull the trigger straight to the rear without moving the sights.

Good Luck

Offline Litshoot

Re: Grip size selection
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 04:46:55 PM »
Thank you, that's pretty helpful method, I'll try that later
Seth

anything