Author Topic: P01 Omega thoughts  (Read 2545 times)

Offline Gunnerdad80

Re: P01 Omega thoughts
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2020, 12:31:52 AM »
I made it throughout the course of a 12hr shift (shhh, don't tell my boss) and it was a pain to make. The washer was a tad thick so I thinned it down on a file for about an hour. Talk about raw fingertips. The rest of the time was spent shaping it with an off-brand Dremel till it was as perfect as I could get it. I ended up selling the gun too. ::) Sorry man but I hope I never have to make another one of those. ;D If you can find a metal one from an older CZ, Tanfoglio, or similar gun you could probably fit it with a little bit of work. Numrich Gun Parts may have one. You could also try Patriot Defense in Kemah, Texas. They're great and keep a good stock of parts.

Thx Gunnerdad80,
Looks Numrich can have it. Doesn't look as plastic on their website. I'll call them on Monday. I appreciate the tip.  :)

Glad to help.  :)

Offline jurek

• NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2020, 09:27:40 PM »

I've got this today:
Regarding your inquiry concerning the CZ Omega safety detent plunger item# 644450.  The plunger is plastic.
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/644450
Regards,
Numrich Gun Parts Corporation

There is no hope for metal plunger then  ::)

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2020, 10:05:24 PM »

I've got this today:
Regarding your inquiry concerning the CZ Omega safety detent plunger item# 644450.  The plunger is plastic.
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/644450
Regards,
Numrich Gun Parts Corporation

There is no hope for metal plunger then  ::)

Sorry to hear that. You would think someone would be making them with a small cnc machine. Sell them for $4.99 each and make a killing.

Offline jurek

• NRA Pistol Instructor, RSO
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2020, 11:40:46 PM »
Sorry to hear that. You would think someone would be making them with a small cnc machine. Sell them for $4.99 each and make a killing.
I'm a patient man. Perhaps will do it by myself from the washer, like you did... I have so much time now.

bonj

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2020, 04:55:08 PM »

I sent mine back to the factory for the same reasons, heavy, crunchy trigger pull and they fixed it at no charge for repairs or shipping.
I love CZ.

Good for you - I ALMOST did this, and should have but tinkered instead and now it is pretty good. 

Please tell me what they said on the return slip - what did they do?  Thanks.

CZ packing slip reply reads....Work Performed: Adjusted fire control components. Function tested and test fired good.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2020, 09:06:42 AM »
Glad you got your P01 Omega where you want it as for trugger quality. Seems triggers out of the box are all over the spectrum. My P01 Omega is outstanding with really just a hammer spring change. It took way less effort to get my P01 Omega trigger nice than it did my P07 and three P09s.