Author Topic: CGW P-10-C Trigger - Almost There  (Read 4568 times)

Offline schmeky

CGW P-10-C Trigger - Almost There
« on: January 21, 2018, 08:37:44 PM »
Final prototype of the new CGW P-10-C trigger is complete.  We invested quite a bit time in the design and features.  Some design features:

• Will come pre-set and will significantly reduce pre-travel
  • Will have the ability to be custom tuned for each individual P-10-C
  • Will have the ability to be effortlessly tuned with a modified, internal short reset, as low as 2 mm
  • Trigger will be wide, smooth, and comfortable for all day shooting sessions
  • 100% drop-in and backed by a lifetime warranty

Almost there. 

Offline Indy_Tim

Re: CGW P-10-C Trigger - Almost There
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 08:53:47 PM »
Oh, I'm having trouble being patient with this.  This will really make the P10C shine and I just can't wait until it's ready to go.  Great work Schmecky!

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 08:54:13 PM »
That trigger description almost makes me want a P10 "C" to try it out. :-[

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 09:48:26 PM »
Very anxiously awaiting this trigger. Any idea how much longer? I know nagging doesn't help but. . .

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 10:42:04 PM »
can't wait for the movie to come out.

Offline scottygrape

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 09:43:33 PM »
Stoked for this.  CGW.  Perfecting improving on perfection lol.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 05:10:30 AM »
This is gonna be great.  8)

Offline clinttho

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 07:54:14 PM »
I thought the trigger on the P10c was one of its major, if not the main selling point?  I ordered a P10c  a month ago now I?m reading about firing pin problems, slide backing plates falling done and gritty triggers. This was supposed to be better than a PPQ but it sounds inferior to me.

Thank goodness schmecky is there to fix these issues. And cgw is an awesome company.

I?m canceling my P10c and getting a P01, PCR or P07 if I am going to work on it and buy upgraded parts. I thought the P10c was GTG right out of the box...

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 09:17:01 PM »
Ah, have you tried one yet? My P-10C has an excellent trigger right out of the box, but CGW seems to be able to improve on excellence. Mine has done a few thousand rounds or so with no work whatsoever, so the gun is fine as is - we just like the extra magic CGW is able to put in.
You could get any of the others, (PCR is a personal fave), and CGW would be able to slick it up just right. ;)

Offline mastaking

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 04:10:28 PM »
Would this smoothen out the trigger pull or just change the feel and reduce travel?

Offline Thebillsman

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 04:45:38 PM »
I thought the trigger on the P10c was one of its major, if not the main selling point?  I ordered a P10c  a month ago now I?m reading about firing pin problems, slide backing plates falling done and gritty triggers. This was supposed to be better than a PPQ but it sounds inferior to me.

Thank goodness schmecky is there to fix these issues. And cgw is an awesome company.

I?m canceling my P10c and getting a P01, PCR or P07 if I am going to work on it and buy upgraded parts. I thought the P10c was GTG right out of the box...

Don't skip out on the P-10C. All the others are great but the striker fired P-10C shoots much softer and signinficantly flatter. I haven't had any issues with mine, and I put 150 rounds through mine today after installing the CGW striker yesterday. I'm 2,050 rounds in without a single failure to date. I've had first time shooters and experienced shooters thoroughly enjoy it. 

The PPQ is great, I almost went with a PPQ45 but I'm going to grab an FNX instead. The P-10C is a better shooter and the trigger is right there with it.

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2018, 07:59:48 PM »
I love my P10C enough that I just ordered a 2nd one today.  One will be for carry and the other for the range.  My current one has about 1900 rounds through it now and the trigger is fantastic.  It was fantastic right out of the box, but I'm really wanting the CGW parts for my P10C for the same reason that I have them in P01, pre-B 75, 99021, 75B Compact, P07s, P09.  A great stock trigger is nice, but with some CGW love, the things are simply sublime.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2018, 08:54:29 PM »
Well put, sir, well put.  8)

Offline clinttho

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 11:29:20 AM »
I guess if the level of improvement over the stock p10c trigger is anywhere near the hammer fired guns it?s probably worthwhile to get a p10c. And I guess I shouldn?t talk performance until I actually have fired a p10c. I?ll probably keep it and end up buying all the cgw upgrades.

At least with cgw upgrades available I know any problems can be fixed and the pistol can be upgraded which other striker fired guns cannot (aside from Glock/m&p which are far from a CZ).

Offline scottygrape

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 07:55:47 PM »
Any updates on the ETA of this schmeky?

anything