Author Topic: Top 1913 rail channel width?  (Read 288 times)

Offline HotDiggity

Top 1913 rail channel width?
« on: January 24, 2018, 02:31:23 PM »
I have a BREN carbine en route from Bud's that I'd like to move a TA33 ACOG onto. The ACOG sits on a Larue mount. I'm hoping someone may be able to measure the channel width on the top rail so I can see if it'll work with my Larue mount. As many of you probably know, Larue doesn't use a full width interface lug on the underside of their mounts which causes issues with some 1913 rails that are channel-cut. I really don't want to have to buy a new mount :/ Any help would be really appreciated!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: Top 1913 rail channel width?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 12:08:58 AM »
No, I don't kno, picture of the mount and I can double check my rail?

Offline HotDiggity

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 04:19:50 PM »
Thanks, Dan. I don't have the mount in front of me. I just need to know if the width of the channel is narrower than the interface lug on the Larue mount, Here's a pic of the bottom of a Larue mount as compared to one from ADM that shows the potential issue:

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 09:24:57 PM »
Ok, let me look at mine when I get near it again.

Offline HotDiggity

Re: Top 1913 rail channel width? (re: Larue mount)
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 01:10:01 PM »
Picked up my Bren from Bud's this morning. For anyone wondering, a Larue mount will not work with the Bren's top rail. The channel is too wide. The center lug of Larue mounts is JUST wider than the channel which makes it seem like it'll stay put. The force of recoil, over time, will wear the corners of the rail where the lug meets it though. Just putting it out there to save others from disappointment. :(

anything