Author Topic: Extended mag in ECO?  (Read 2641 times)

Offline 357MAGNOLE

Extended mag in ECO?
« on: January 26, 2018, 01:19:31 PM »
Never really thought about it but LGS had Chip Mcormick Power mags in 10 rounds for sale. $30 seemed worth trying. I'll report back, but wondering if anyone's tried. Fits and hand cycles but I haven't fired it yet.
USN 2006-Present
CZ 455 Varmit Evolution .22 LR
CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ 512 .22 WMR
Cajunized P-09

Offline IronicTwitch

Re: Extended mag in ECO?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 06:59:53 PM »
I've used 8rd Wilson ETMs with no problems feeding.  Only caution would be over-insertion but that's pretty evident when it happens.

Offline 357MAGNOLE

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 08:02:54 AM »
Wanted to report back that I ran 50 flawless rounds through this mag. I feel that it is a safe option for carrying extra rounds.
USN 2006-Present
CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ 512 .22 WMR
Cajunized P-09

Ron M.

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 08:23:30 PM »
Good to know, didn't really expect you to have a problem, but positive confirmation is always a good thing.

Offline twowheels

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 08:01:16 PM »
They work but as IT said, be careful of over insertion.  You can lock up the gun solid.  Don't ask me how I know....

Offline 357MAGNOLE

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 09:52:59 AM »
Thats something I didnt even consider, ill have to make sure to take my time while on the range and hopefully I never need it in a real life situation!
USN 2006-Present
CZ Scorpion EVO 3
CZ 512 .22 WMR
Cajunized P-09

Offline wscrst

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 04:17:52 PM »
Can one of you all talk to me about over insertion?  I had not heard this term before, but I feel that it is relevant to my recent situation.  I have a DW valor blue in 9mm.  I have tried a few mags and bought a Wilson ETM.  I had no malfunctions, but the front/top of the metal on the Wilson mag now has a dent in it.  I have to believe that my feed ramp hit it.  I now do not want to use the mag for fear that I will damage my feed ramp.  Did I do this by over inserting the mag or does the Wilson just not fit my gun?  Thanks for any insight.  Learning.

Offline skipper

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 11:17:19 AM »
Have two 8 rd mags with xgrip sleeves which will prevent over insertion. They have worked well and extend the grip slightly making it more comfortable.

Offline IronicTwitch

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 11:19:11 PM »
Can one of you all talk to me about over insertion?  I had not heard this term before, but I feel that it is relevant to my recent situation.  I have a DW valor blue in 9mm.  I have tried a few mags and bought a Wilson ETM.  I had no malfunctions, but the front/top of the metal on the Wilson mag now has a dent in it.  I have to believe that my feed ramp hit it.  I now do not want to use the mag for fear that I will damage my feed ramp.  Did I do this by over inserting the mag or does the Wilson just not fit my gun?  Thanks for any insight.  Learning.

If you have the newer style Wilson ETM 9mm mags, they come with a psuedo feed ramp built into the mag. You likely did not dent it just by over inserting, those mags are tougher than that.  If the slide still can be racked, then you haven't over inserted a mag.  The feed lips will drag on the slide and likely lock it partially open/out of battery if you over insert a mag (at least in my experience).

From Wilson page:
"These Next Gen ETM magazines have a redesigned tube with a small front ramp to prevent nose down feeding with short or hollow point rounds."

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/1911-Elite-Tactical-Magazine-9mm-Full-Size-10-Round-ETM-Base-Pad/productinfo/500-9/