Author Topic: Gallant Bullets  (Read 5714 times)

Offline RocketRyan

Re: Gallant Bullets
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2018, 02:14:36 PM »
I have not tried them, but they do support the competitive shooting sports with stage sponsors etc. May be worth a shot to try some out as a thanks for the support.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2018, 03:50:02 PM »
I'm going to assume that if it's not smoking that they're doing a proper job of curing the coating.  That's the problem with smoke with Hi-Tek coating. 

The fact they're available in different sizing is nice.

If anyone who has ordered them over-sized at .357 could comment on shipping time, that would be helpful.  My assumption is that they keep a stock of .356 on hand and do alternate sizing on request, which tends to delay shipping a bit.

Offline Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2018, 04:06:33 PM »
Still no replies from their customer service hot line.
In God we trust; On 'starting load' we rely.

Immature reloaders ask: What's wrong with this gun?
Mature reloaders ask: What did I do wrong ?

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2018, 04:20:09 PM »
While the actual bullets are most important,  the customers should run a close second.
 ???

Online recoilguy

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2018, 05:41:12 PM »
There are too many good bullets already out there for customer service to take second place.

Unless you are in the price trumps all boat you can get real good bullets for almost or the same price from a pile of places with awesome service.

frequent the companies that treat their customers well. If they have great service and their product blows.......that will take care of iitself as well.

RCG
........Its that you shoot!

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2018, 06:31:11 PM »
We have a single customer service issue -- they haven't responded to their on-site "contact us" automated message box.  If they're delivering quality products in a timely fashion, I consider this issue minor. 

As far as price, I don't see them as any cheaper than any other coated lead dealers.  They're in the same ball park.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2018, 09:43:58 PM »
These guys are local to me. I’ll try and see if I can get a sample. Sounds like Dave liked them. If the load long that will be helpful for those who just want to load factory length. I was going to order bulk from Acme, but I’ll give this place a whirl first. Hopefully they make amends for their lack of response to Wobbly.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2018, 09:53:39 PM »
...for those who just want to load factory length

No such thing! No such thing!  Shame on you, sir!  SHAME!  ;)

Online painter

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2018, 09:58:07 PM »
We have a single customer service issue -- they haven't responded to their on-site "contact us" automated message box.  If they're delivering quality products in a timely fashion, I consider this issue minor. 

As far as price, I don't see them as any cheaper than any other coated lead dealers.  They're in the same ball park.
Try emailing CZ-USA.

Word has it they typically don't respond, while a phone call works well.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2018, 10:37:43 PM »
...for those who just want to load factory length

No such thing! No such thing!  Shame on you, sir!  SHAME!  ;)

Ok ok... I meant recommended length from load books and published load data. You’re right, I know better.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2018, 10:39:47 PM »

Try emailing CZ-USA.

Not that I didn’t have faith in Wobbly, but I jumped on their site and figured I would just call. I can’t find a phone number anywhere. If they don’t respond to two Wobbly emails and don’t have any other contact option that isn’t fantastic.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2018, 06:15:10 AM »

Try emailing CZ-USA.

Not that I didn’t have faith in Wobbly, but I jumped on their site and figured I would just call. I can’t find a phone number anywhere. If they don’t respond to two Wobbly emails and don’t have any other contact option that isn’t fantastic.

I agree.  It's not fantastic. 

Wobbly's failure to get a response and no phone number isn't fantastic, and his response here is entirely appropriate.  It's when the conversation turns toward the idea that they shouldn't be used because of it that I think it starts to go too far.  We haven't had anyone get bad service on purchases.  And they have an A+ with the BBB, so they haven't screwed anyone over. 

Regarding those message boxes, I once used one to ask ACME Bullets a question, and it took forever for a response.  How long, I'm not sure, but long enough that I had forgotten I'd asked a question to begin with.  A month?  I don't remember.  But I wouldn't knock ACME for it.  I love ACME bullets.  It's a great product, and they ship fast.

In this case, we have a new-ish company, and they either paid someone to build a website for them, or they purchased a premade website layout, and filled it in themselves.  We don't know why they haven't responded.  They may not even be conscious of that contact feature.  They may not even have connected it to an email address. They may go weeks at a time with no messages sent, and they've gotten out of practice of checking for messages.  It appears to be a new-ish business and there are growing pains.  We should point out the weaknesses, but we should also be understanding so long as know one is losing money or not getting orders filled in a reasonable amount of time.

I'd like to see responses to their contact feature.  I'd like to see estimates on shipping time and whether or not ordering non-standard sizes will delay shipping time and by how much.  I'd like to see a phone number.  AND I'd like to see a more detailed description of their product on their product pages -- the lead used, brinell rating, and the specific brand of coating (pretty sure it's Hi-Tek).

The next time I order bullets, I'll give them a shot, but that's not soon.  I'm pretty flush with bullets at the moment.  I need far fewer.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2018, 07:10:51 AM »
Found the answer to one of my questions.  Orders processed in 3-5 shipping days.  Estimated delivery in 3-7 shipping days.  No mention if that time differs for non-standard sizing.

Offline Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2018, 08:08:58 AM »

To be clear, my contact wasn't just a simple, dumb question. I told them about being a moderator on this forum and that we kept a list of preferred bullet vendors. Gave them links to the Forum and links to our vendor list. Then I said we'd be glad to add them to our list, but there were some simple questions (like were these coated or painted bullets) we needed answered so we'd know where to place them in our directory.

There was enough information where they would have known a response equaled free advertising, or they could have joined the Forum and answered questions directly, like Jay from Berry Mfg used to do.

At this point, I'm not saying don't use these bullets, all I'm saying is that we don't have enough information at this time to add them to our vendor list. That could all change tomorrow. I'm all in favor of supporting businesses set up by and for our Vets.

;)

PS. Another request sent today.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:22:17 AM by Wobbly »
In God we trust; On 'starting load' we rely.

Immature reloaders ask: What's wrong with this gun?
Mature reloaders ask: What did I do wrong ?

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2018, 02:42:56 PM »
Understood from the outset.  :)

I was responding to

There are too many good bullets already out there for customer service to take second place.

My bad for not quoting it.  And even RCG didn't go all the way and say not to use them either.  But it seemed like it was turning that way, and I wanted to offer my opinion on the matter before people started piling on.  ;)