Author Topic: Gallant Bullets  (Read 24264 times)

Offline m1a_scoutguy

Gallant Bullets
« on: January 30, 2018, 01:38:23 AM »
Hey guys anyone ever hear of or use these bullets ? Looks like a good selection and fair prices when you buy bigger amounts. Also you can get them in different sizes which I feel is good ! I actually get bullets from a buddy cheaper but then we powder coat them and then I have to size them all, :(,not terrible work but I still buy "other" bullets that are ready to load. Just wondering if anyone has seen these before,,,Thanks

https://gallantbullets.com/collections/cast-bullet-collection
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:11:05 AM by Wobbly »

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
Re: Gallant Bullets
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 07:38:52 PM »
These guys should be added to the components sticky above.  It's nice to have a one stop shop when looking for components.

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 11:51:49 PM »
These guys should be added to the components sticky above. 

OK but we need more info.

Not a lot of info there. They look to be "coated", can anyone confirm.

I put 500 in my shopping cart and it showed zero shipping. Is that right ?

In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 12:57:05 AM »
Hey guys,,I can try and call them on Wed,,I posted this the other day but just getting back at it ! I can go look again myself and see what's what I guess. I have never "slugged" any of my CZ BBLs but it seems like .356 shoot the best so that's what I size mine at and that's why I like the options of getting different ones ! I'll let ya know if I find out anything !  ;)

Offline dave33

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 10:08:02 AM »
Not a lot of choices but it seems what they have is priced pretty good.  Also the 124gr 9mm bullet looks like it would be very friendly to loading in short CZ throats.  It looks like the same bullet as the new Acme 124 gr which I can load quite a bit longer than most profiles. Ill give them a try next time I order some, I do like they will size them to .357.

Offline BLUEPSTU

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 11:29:32 AM »
Would def like to find out more info about these. If I am normally reloading, I use .355 diameter. do you think I would use the same with this bullet as well?

Offline tdogg

• Two Alpha!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 07:52:33 PM »
Would def like to find out more info about these. If I am normally reloading, I use .355 diameter. do you think I would use the same with this bullet as well?

It depends on what your normally loading?  If you load jacketed bullets .355 is probably OK.  If your loading lead bullets, I would up the size to .357 to help seal off the hot gasses during ignition and reduce leading.  You'll need to work up new loads if changing bullet size.

The real answer is to slug your barrel and precisely measure the slug to determine the right size bullet.  Once you have an accurate slug diameter then you can order the right size bullet.  Generally for lead/coated lead you want a .001-.002 oversized bullet.  Meaning if you slug your barrel and it measures .3555 inches, you would do well to get a .357 bullet.  If it slugs at .3545, you may choose a .356 sized bullet.

In order to measure precisely you need a micrometer, so if that isn't a tool you own, you you can just use the rule of thumb .355 for jacketed and at least .356 for lead (I always order .357 but my SP01 slugs at just under .356).

Cheers,
Toby
This forum rocks!

Offline BLUEPSTU

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 06:57:25 PM »

It depends on what your normally loading?  If you load jacketed bullets .355 is probably OK.  If your loading lead bullets, I would up the size to .357 to help seal off the hot gasses during ignition and reduce leading.  You'll need to work up new loads if changing bullet size.

The real answer is to slug your barrel and precisely measure the slug to determine the right size bullet.  Once you have an accurate slug diameter then you can order the right size bullet.  Generally for lead/coated lead you want a .001-.002 oversized bullet.  Meaning if you slug your barrel and it measures .3555 inches, you would do well to get a .357 bullet.  If it slugs at .3545, you may choose a .356 sized bullet.

In order to measure precisely you need a micrometer, so if that isn't a tool you own, you you can just use the rule of thumb .355 for jacketed and at least .356 for lead (I always order .357 but my SP01 slugs at just under .356).

Cheers,
Toby

A lot of good information. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 12:51:30 PM by Wobbly »

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 12:57:06 PM »
I emailed these folks well over a week ago (via their web site's built-in ask-a-question button) on 1/27 and have gotten no reply.

:(

And I sent a second notice today (2/4), with a link to this thread so that they'll hopefully see that we are serious. We'll see.

In the meantime I'm taking their contact info OFF our vendor list.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 01:09:25 PM by Wobbly »
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline dave33

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 02:43:06 PM »
I emailed these folks well over a week ago (via their web site's built-in ask-a-question button) on 1/27 and have gotten no reply.

:(

And I sent a second notice today (2/4), with a link to this thread so that they'll hopefully see that we are serious. We'll see.

In the meantime I'm taking their contact info OFF our vendor list.

Thats too bad, hopefully they respond.  I do like choices, I dont like crap shoots. 

Offline Goju

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 06:27:42 AM »
Reading thru their site, it appears they are a reseller and not a manufacturer?

Offline SoCal

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 02:44:44 PM »
Reading thru their site, it appears they are a reseller and not a manufacturer?

According to their blog from July they were producing 9 & 40.

https://freedom.gallantbullets.com/blog/gallant-bullets-morning-coffee-41-business-update-casting-process
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline Goju

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2018, 08:29:32 PM »
Thanks for the clarification

Offline RenegadeDave

• Pontificating on the Process
    • My Youtube Page!
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2018, 11:10:57 AM »
I went through a few hundred of them to try in 357 in gold in my Shadow 2s.

The profile loads really long.  It plunked at 1.175 in my practice S2.  I ended up loading at ~1.13 - by virtue of not changing the die on my load for my SNS 125 TCs. 

Coating looked good, accuracy was good.  Smokes a lot less than my SNS. 

My next order will be some of these. 
Check out my Youtube channel! I geek out on CZ's and post match videos. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/GoliathGT

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2018, 11:27:24 AM »
Interesting .....good to hear they have good results.
I am always looking for a good alternative, I load a few bullets every year.

RCG
Its easy being a communist in a free country
What's hard is to be free in a communist country

anything