Author Topic: Gallant Bullets  (Read 24243 times)

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
Re: Gallant Bullets
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2018, 06:09:12 PM »
I ordered some 124gr round nose at .357 diameter and they ran very well in all my pistols to include CZ's.
They are coated, brass colored.
"1776" - Part II

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2018, 09:06:12 PM »
I'm confident it's HiTek.  Unless you're a chemist, there's no point in going any other route for large scale production.

Offline Rwyatt

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2018, 12:24:13 AM »
I just saw this thread today. I actually work for Gallant running the shooting team. I'm not certain why the contact us form didn't get to Eli. It's always worked in the past and he is on top of responding to them. It sometimes takes a week but he lives on the internet so he always responds.

I'll have Eli set up an account and maybe he can answer your questions directly on here in this forum? Hopefully that will be useful to you all.

Offline Rwyatt

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2018, 12:30:31 AM »
I'm confident it's HiTek.  Unless you're a chemist, there's no point in going any other route for large scale production.

The bullets are hitek coated. (It's pretty much industry standard except for a couple companies anymore)

Offline Eli_Gallant

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2018, 01:43:42 AM »
Hey everyone, I?m the guy that runs Gallant. I?m going to do my best to answer the questions on the thread.

First off, I apologize for not responding to the email submitted by you guys, I?m not sure why I didn?t  see it. I do answer all of the customer emails from the website personally and get to most of them within a day, and all of them within a week.

We are a fairly new company. We?ve been making bullets for about four years now but started out in high performance jacketed bullets and started doing cast bullets last June.

As you guessed, we do use hi-tek coating.

We alloy the majority of our lead in house to a brinell hardness of 15 for the majority of our bullets, except for the .45 bullets which are around an 11.

For quality control, we hand sort the bullets twice to ensure that we deliver the best product possible. We also test the coating on each batch to ensure that we fully cure the coating.

Being a new Business, we don?t work in the bullet shop full time just yet, which is the reason my number isn?t posted on the website yet. However, I am going full time into the bullet world starting on the 29th. At that point, our number will be posted on the website for increased access for our customers. But, any of you can feel free to give me a call or text and I?ll be available anytime after 11am Mountain Time Monday through Friday at 801-970-2600.

And lastly, we ship all orders within 5 business days (1 week), but are in the process of moving into a new warehouse with additional equipment and will be moving towards shipping within 3 Business days.

Thank you for giving me a chance to respond to your questions, please feel free to let me know if there?s anything else I can do for you. You can reach me on my phone or by email at Eli@gallantbullets.com.

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2018, 08:17:30 AM »
Eli & Rwyatt -
? Thank you for your response ! We're really interested in supporting your products and company, we simply didn't know in which category to place your name on our lists. We can accept "Hi-Tek coated". What tripped us up was some of the bullets on your web page look metal flake gold, which could be powder coating. So we simply wanted to be sure about the information we give out.

? Any chance you'll be making a 9mm jacketed bullet in the future ? If so we'd be very interested in those also.

? You're now on the list under "Coated Lead Bullets". Thanks for your very kind help. Are there any other categories you should be listed under ?

;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 08:22:18 AM by Wobbly »
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline RenegadeDave

• Pontificating on the Process
    • My Youtube Page!
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2018, 10:54:20 AM »
There is an active discount code from the Shooters Mindset - TSM10 if you want to give them a try. I just ordered a case to try- 217$ shipped.

My sample packs shipped next day but I think those were in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check out my Youtube channel! I geek out on CZ's and post match videos. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/GoliathGT

Offline Rwyatt

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2018, 11:21:59 AM »
What tripped us up was some of the bullets on your web page look metal flake gold, which could be powder coating. So we simply wanted to be sure about the information we give out.

The black and gold coloring is definitely hitek. We stumbled onto it doing some experimenting with colors and liked it so much it became a standard color for us. We like the way the gold flecks highlight off a brass case. Kinda silly but it looked good so we went with it.

? Any chance you'll be making a 9mm jacketed bullet in the future ? If so we'd be very interested in those also.

Gallant started as a jacketed bullet company and (very) long term we would love to add jacketed 9mm rounds into the offerings. It's a substantial investment so we are focusing on growing the business into a sustainable operation before we push out into other related offerings.

? You're now on the list under "Coated Lead Bullets". Thanks for your very kind help. Are there any other categories you should be listed under ?

Coated lead bullets is a great category that describes us well. Thank you for listing us under there!

I've been a member of this board for about a year now but to be honest, I've pretty much just read the posts and followed the tutorials from Schmecky whenever I need to work on my S2's or P09/07 guns. I'm glad I was able to find this post. It gives me something to talk about haha

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2018, 11:23:21 AM »
Hey everyone, I?m the guy that runs Gallant. I?m going to do my best to answer the questions on the thread.

Thank you, brother, for the detailed response and answers to all questions.  You have my next bullet purchase.  :)  And maybe some merch.  I like the shirts and shot glasses.  ;)

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2018, 11:25:23 AM »
We like the way the gold flecks highlight off a brass case. Kinda silly but it looked good so we went with it.

I've had bullets with the gold HiTek from Bayou, and yes they look sweet when loaded.  ;)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2018, 11:49:26 AM »
Eli or Rwyatt

Thank you for the responses! Do you do bulk discounts? For example, Acme does a bulk price on 12,000 115 gr 9mm.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Rwyatt

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2018, 12:15:20 PM »
Eli or Rwyatt

Thank you for the responses! Do you do bulk discounts? For example, Acme does a bulk price on 12,000 115 gr 9mm.

We do. It kicks in at 10,000 rounds. Just shoot us an email or call (or even hit us up on facebook which I check) and we will make a custom invoice for you.

Offline dave33

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2018, 12:33:17 PM »
What the heck, I just ordered some, got 1k 124gr and 1k 147gr on the way, the discount code worked as well.  Will be curious how it all pans out, from shipping times to the quality of the packaging and the product.  My last bullet order was 6k 124gr from Acme, they seem to have their act together pretty well, fast shipping, well packaged, and good quality products.

Glad to see Gallant offers volume pricing on larger orders, if their bullets are good quality I will give them a shot at my future business.  Gonna need to put another big order in soon.

Offline m1a_scoutguy

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2018, 01:15:23 PM »
Well glad I found these guys and started this thread, seems like a long road to get to the bottom of it all but looks to be worth the time and effort !  ;) Even though I get the bulk of my bullets from a buddy that has cast bullets for 20yrs and we then powder coat them ourselves its a time consuming and pain cuz I have to size them myself,,uhg,,2K pulls on my press gets old fast,,LOL  So with that said I still buy bullets and am always looking for quality and deals ! That's what drew my interest was the ability to buy different size bullets from Gallant and being CZ guys this is a HUGE plus. The Free shipping is also a huge bonus for me also, I'm cheap, LOL. Bottom line is if the bullets are quality/shoot good I will buy plenty as time goes on & being Veteran owned is a plus also, my Son-In-law is a Combat Wounded Vet and I'm always happy to help out other Vets if I can. I will be interested in other peoples results with these slugs but will be ordering a bunch myself very soon.  :)

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2018, 01:37:14 PM »
Well, despite being flush with bullets, I went ahead and ordered, too.  :)   I haven't been shooting much lately, and I don't know that I'll get to test them before leaving for my next job (2-3 months away from home), but I got excited.  :)

anything