Poll

Which of my CZ's should I cajunize?

CZ 75 Compact (Single Action/Steel)
3 (27.3%)
CZ 75 D PCR (DA/SA/Alloy)
8 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 05, 2018, 11:41:06 AM

Author Topic: Help me decide on which of my CZ's to cajunize!  (Read 1558 times)

Offline jbyao

Help me decide on which of my CZ's to cajunize!
« on: February 02, 2018, 11:41:06 AM »
I am the owner of a 75 Compact and a 75 D PCR.  I like the heavier steel single action 75 better to shoot (less recoil) but prefer to carry the lighter PCR.  The 75 Compact already has night sights.  The PCR is stock.  I can only afford to Cajunize one gun.  Do I pick my favorite to shoot or the one I prefer to carry??? 

Offline Jigo23

Re: Help me decide on which of my CZ's to cajunize!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 01:04:30 PM »
PCR without a doubt!  Makes a huge difference

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 02:11:30 PM »
I would pick the range gun. It will make the gun you enjoy most, even more so. You will likely go on to cajunize the second gun as soon as finances allow anyway. Ask me how I know.  ;D

Offline CZNate

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 02:30:43 PM »
I have a 75 SPO1 shadow and a PCR both fully cajunized.   I shoot just as good with the PCR.   Just don?t skip out on the 10x barrel bushing.   Makes it a take driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline IronicTwitch

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 02:50:14 PM »
Cajunize the PCR all the way...the decocker system will be a bit more challenging if you're doing it yourself, but the end results may have you thinking about selling the compact.

Or just/also put an upgraded hammer in your steel framed compact, that will make the SA sooo much better than the OEM hammer!  Prefer full-sized guns for range toys personally...that extra distance between the sights (esp some good aftermarket competition sights) feels like cheating.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 04:19:37 PM »
You'll likely modify both in the long run...

If you're ordering parts and then installing/polishing on your own then I would recommend the 75 Compact. It will have a much easier trigger mechanism to work on and get used to. Then the nuances and differences and the decocker won't be too bad when you do that next.

If you'll brave polishing them, then just polishing the parts of the PCR will go a long ways.

For the best SA I'd agree with Ironic Twitch. Get a CZC Competition hammer. Since it's a range toy, and if your a responsible shooter then consider dropping the FPB for the ultimate SA trigger.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline milq

• Steel on target
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 10:22:57 AM »
OP...I responded to your chat message and sent you a PM. Apologies for taking so long to get back to you, please contact me via forum PM ASAP.
NRA Basic Pistol Instuctor, IL FCCA Instructor.

http://jc-steelontarget.blogspot.com/ and check out www.illinoiscarry.com to learn more about CCW in IL.